For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Improving Wikipedia article on "Waste stabilization ponds" - by: marcos February 21, 2018Hi again, Elisabeth, Thank you again for your additional editing, and everything looks great to me. I only did minor edits myself, directly in the Wikipedia article. Changed a verb in the section on anaerobic ponds, and clarified a bit more the section on operation, as you had suggested. Hope we are very close to a satisfactory version. Best regards, Marcos […]
- Vermi-Trickling Filters (or vermifilters) for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: BPopov February 21, 2018Hello Dean! Could you tell please, how well these fountain pumps you use for the recirculation tolerate particles in the vermidigester/vermifilter leachate? Did you have any problems with pump clogging? Best, Bogdan
- Rethinking rural sanitation - by: BrookeYamakoshi February 21, 2018Hi colleagues, As some of you know, Plan International, UNICEF and WaterAid are carrying out a joint review of rural sanitation approaches, in order to develop more nuanced guidance on how to design, cost and implement programmes. We wanted to share a recent discussion brief that we prepared summarizing the first part of this work, and share a website where […]
- Announcing the Global Handwashing Partnership’s 2017 Annual Report - by: Bijan February 21, 2018The Global Handwashing Partnership (GHP) Annual Report for 2017 is now available. The report covers key accomplishments for the year, including: Celebrating Global Handwashing Day: This year’s Global Handwashing Day focused on the benefits of handwashing in building healthy futures, and participants hosted celebrations in communities, on national levels, and […]
- Online Course for Faecal Sludge Management | free | enrolling now | starting 1 February 2018 - by: KRISWASH February 21, 2018Please Aimee, kindly include me in any workshop or free training involving sludge treatment, WASH, Circular economy and related topics. I just joined the forum today-is there any chance i can still be enrolled in the sludge treatment workshop?
- Improving Wikipedia article on "Waste stabilization ponds" - by: marcos February 21, 2018