For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- Fw: [SuSanA Forum] Are there 'before and after' studies that show impact of FSM practices on health? (Research on health benefits with improved sanitation) - by: dineshmehta100 September 26, 2017Hi Elisabeth, I have not been able to find much. See the attached papers. They provide mixed signal. We all know that prima facie, improved sanitation would lead to improved health. However, studies with RCT (randomised control trials) suggest that the evidence is not conclusive. Are we missing something? Dinesh Dinesh Mehta Professor Emeritus CEPT Universit […]
- How many times per day do people wash their hands? - by: F H Mughal September 26, 2017It is not only the question of how many times people wash their hands each day (though this varies from country to country - urban and rural areas; affluent and poor people), it is also the question of hygiene of hands after cleaning. The attached paper: A large-scale assessment of hand hygiene quality and the effectiveness of the “WHO 6-steps” - says: A han […]
- Slug,earthworm - by: fppirco September 26, 2017Thanks to goeco for his reminding about slug not earthworm , I would like and interested to know slug harms and benefits in sludge in comparison with earthworm it seems slugs are very hardworking cleaner , Could they be useful for hazard removing (physical,biological and chemical solely in hazard sludge not for agriculture or vermicomposting as pre waste tre […]
- How many times per day do people wash their hands? - by: fppirco September 26, 2017Dear Mr.Tim WHO and CDC as the two professional institutes have recommended for hand washing WHO focus on health care professional , but CDC as general rule for daily life and diseases preventing . When & How to Wash Your Hands(CDC) www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html Clean hands protect against infection(WHO) www.who.int/gpsc/clean_hands_p […]
- SuSanA members to improve quality of WASH information on Wikipedia: 19 Sept to 19 Nov - by: DianeKellogg September 25, 2017Jennifer McConville, who advises thesis research on water and sanitation topics at SLU (Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, had a great idea. First, she captured the interest of her colleagues by doing a presentation on Sanitation Wikipedia to her department. Given that support, she emailed PhD students to invite them to work on articles related to […]
- Fw: [SuSanA Forum] Are there 'before and after' studies that show impact of FSM practices on health? (Research on health benefits with improved sanitation) - by: dineshmehta100 September 26, 2017