For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: Vermi-Trickling Filters for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: guilherme February 25, 2017Dear Dean, thanks for your posts. I´ve noted you have a very small diameter pipe feeding your vermifilter. Can I ask you what sort of water you´re treating, and what are the previous treatment stages you have before the vermifilter? I have some experience working with raw wastewater with vermifilter as a primary treatment, as well as small septic tanks as pr […]
- Re: Constructing Septic Tanks On-Site Using Ferrocement - by: shaji February 25, 2017How did the person who is doing the plastering inside the tank come out ?
- Re: Constructing Septic Tanks On-Site Using Ferrocement - by: shaji February 25, 2017Dear Ashok, Did you check for any leakages from the system after installation. We did find ground water contamination due to leakages from the pits in some cases.
- Re: Constructing Septic Tanks On-Site Using Ferrocement - by: Ashok February 25, 2017In my reply yesterday, the attachment did not appear.
- RE: question about UNICEF lecture on SDGs on 9 November 2016 - by: Hutton February 24, 2017I agree that it is very challenging to work on 169 targets simultaneously, but in terms of why we have 169 targets, there are reasons! For example, we could not just stick with WASH targets in goal 6 - we had to move to the broader water agenda, which also has key interlinkages with both drinking-water and sanitation. Certainly the goals are more challenging […]
- Re: Vermi-Trickling Filters for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: guilherme February 25, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites