For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Condominial Sewerage in Brazil - by: F H Mughal April 23, 2018Talking of David Duncan Mara, attached is a publication of simplified sewerage. According to the publication, the key features of the system are as follows: In order to reduce costs, simplified sewerage is developed as an in-block system, rather than – as with conventional sewerage – an in-road system. The key feature of an in-block system is that sewers are […]
- Faecal sludge field monitoring and emergency sanitation treatment kits - by: JKMakowka April 23, 2018The complete lab is ready and I believe it should be available for purchase via Butyl Products soon. I met with Johannes Bousek from Austrian Red Cross/Boku two weeks ago on the Emergency Environmental Health Forum and can confirm that the Helminith test and all related tools are included in it and should be relatively easy to use (the training I was suppose […]
- USAID/WASHPaLs Webinar – Contribution of Community-Led Total Sanitation to Ending Open Defecation: Findings of a Desk Review - by: secretariat April 23, 2018Dear all, The publication of Toward a Hygienic Environment for Infants and Young Children: A Review of the Literature is also now available in the SuSanA library. To download, please go to this link . Also thank you Dan for sharing us the publication. Regards, Ainul on behalf of the SuSanA secretariat
- Thematic Discussion Series: Innovations in WASH, SuSanA India Chapter - by: AjitSeshadri April 23, 2018Our impressions on the notings on Theme 2 & 3 are as below : 1. I feel that the business models are not commercially viable because each initiative do not pay back to communities in way of revenues or gains. No R O I .. Indirect gains by way of sustainsbily confidence levels being up graded is also to be clubbed with this. 2. Agreeing that for repaying S […]
- Thematic Discussion Series: Innovations in WASH, SuSanA India Chapter - by: VikasR April 23, 2018Hi, I feel it's the other way round.. It's clear and uncomplicated, to the point communication, devoid of any jargon that will help! Being associated with the wash sector for long, I've been seeing this as is such a big menace, that we dont put our minds on doing something about. Our quest to wander on with too much idealism is what dosent do […]
- Condominial Sewerage in Brazil - by: F H Mughal April 23, 2018