For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Greywater Reuse for Irrigation Purposes - by: MarinaAndj September 28, 2016Dear all, In our project area, we are generating 35 MLD greywater daily. What is the best technology available to treat greywater and reuse for irrigation purposes? I would like to know the feasibility of these technologies, as well as economical details. Please share your case experiences and treatment details. Thank you! Original […]
- Re: Theme 2: Implementation Level - by: cecile September 28, 2016@ Pamin, I am curious about this statement: "If there is a shrine at the school the teachers may say that girls can't attend during menstruation, as it would be disrespecting the gods". Does this mean that female teachers also miss school every 4 weeks or so? Sometime ago there was a discussion on this forum about the importance of relying on […]
- Successfully integrating WASH-Health-Nutrition-Education efforts in school-based programmes - Food for thoughts - by: JacquesPiP September 28, 2016Dear all, Here is an innovative concept, which should hopefully be of interest to all of us who are busy reflecting upon approaches to enhance the sustainability of school-based interventions in a context evolving towards greater programmatic integration (WASH, Health, Nutrition, Education…). You can learn about this concept by playing the short video below. […]
- Re: 4th International Faecal Sludge Management Conference - 19-22 February 2017 in Chennai, India - Call for Papers now open - by: SusanneBieker September 28, 2016Dear all, I am happy to announce that we are able to extend the deadline for your submissions of contributions to the FSM4 Conference for 2 more weeks! The new deadline is now October 14, 2016 and we are very happy to receive further more abstract-applications for oral and poster presentations. In addition you can find now further information about the Confe […]
- Re: Theme 1: Policy Issues on the Regional and Global Level - by: DavidAlan September 28, 2016If I may make a small comment at this late stage. We have but 70 school ecosans, mainly in Tamil Nadu, and these cover circa 30,000 pupils about 65% being girls. We provide a before and after training programme. There is no doubt from our experience that where the head teacher and staff engage with the pupils regarding the facilities there is better usage an […]
- Greywater Reuse for Irrigation Purposes - by: MarinaAndj September 28, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites