For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Safety in Sanitation - by: F H Mughal November 23, 2017Sewer Line Repairs Claim Life It is fairly common in poor developing countries with low technical excellence in sanitation, to find a sanitary worker killed while working in a sewer line. When this happens in a country like U.S., it is unbelievable. A worker was sent down in a 20- or 24-inch diameter sewer pipe (this is narrow size; how can a sanitation work […]
- Myths in Urban Sanitation - by: F H Mughal November 23, 2017Dear Elisabeth, Yes, your point in first para. You are responding after 2.5 months - just wondering! Regards, F H Mughal
- Myths in Urban Sanitation - by: muench November 23, 2017Dear Mughal, I am wondering what you meant with "no link to Asia"? Do you mean because the footage used in the video is more from African countries? Or would you argue that some of the 7 myths are not at all applicable to Asian countries? If yes, which ones in particular? Regards, Elisabeth
- menstrual cups, MHM work at PATH - by: cecile November 23, 2017Dear Elizabeth, Thank you for this reply. I will forward the information to this NGO in DRC. I am afraid there might be a language barrier with the suppliers. But let's see if they are able to push through. Best regards, Cécile
- SpaTap Portable Tap Instantly Transforming Access to water in Rural Schools Used for Handwashing Hygiene - by: muench November 22, 2017Looks interesting! How does your "humanitarian arm" work? I gather you are a small company in Australia. Your product normally costs 25 A$. Not much for an Australian but a lot for e.g. a village person in Rwanda. How does the "donate" button on your website work? Have you been successful in partnering with any of the international NGOs o […]
- Safety in Sanitation - by: F H Mughal November 23, 2017