For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: On the way to a “clean India” – 2 years of Swacch Bharat Mission (Gramin) - by: nityajacob August 30, 2016This has been very interesting and lively discussion. I am now consolidating the information you have provided to come out of with a document in September. Meanwhile, please continue to comment on any of the four themes above with as many details as possible. I thank all of you for taking your time and putting in efforts in this initial discussion on the SuS […]
- Re: UDDT versus Pour Flush (with vermi-composting) versus ???: which are sustainable sanitation technologies and systems for peri-urban areas in Africa? - by: hajo August 29, 2016dear Kevin, I think it is not a specific fault with the double pit or double vault toilets in Botswana, Bangladesh and Lusaka that they don't work when not properly used and managed. Even pit latrines, septic tanks and sewer systems elsewhere in the world fail if they are not properly managed. And for me sanitation management means a sustainable service […]
- Re: Addressing the lack of trained professional to reach the post-2015 agenda - by: pquinn August 29, 2016Hello I would like to participate in the WG meeting; part of my research at McGill University (which was funded by GWOPA) focused on the Capacity Development of Water Operators. Regards Patrick Quinn
- Re: SuSanA Capacity Development Working Group meeting at Stockholm WWW 2016, Tuesday 30 August from 14.00- 15.30h - by: dorothee.spuhler August 29, 2016If you are planning to join our session, please read this post: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/54-wg-...st-2015-agenda#18874 Also: SIWI his going to check the participants of the WG meetings and will only allow people that are on the participants list to attend the WG meetings - if you would like to participate but have not yet registered, please email yo […]
- Addressing the lack of trained professional to reach the post-2015 agenda - by: dorothee.spuhler August 29, 2016Insufficient capacity across disciplines related to sanitation is one of the most significant barriers to sustainable service provision. The limited technical human resource capacity of NGOs and government field staff is a critical barrier to attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). There is an immediate need to develop more professional, hand […]
- Re: On the way to a “clean India” – 2 years of Swacch Bharat Mission (Gramin) - by: nityajacob August 30, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites