For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Pit latrine liners - documented examples - by: muench June 25, 2018Regarding those corbelled pit latrines in Malawi that Rochelle mentioned, there is also a previous thread here where we discussed them a little bit: forum.susana.org/183-monitoring-and-eval...zu-university-malawi
- Introducing Caya Constructs from India: A new partner organisation of SuSanA - by: secretariat June 25, 2018We would like to welcome Caya Constructs from India as a new SuSanA partner organisation! The following text is taken from their application form and was written by the partner organisation themselves. Description and Activities in Sustainable Sanitation: CAYA Constructs was set up in 2015 to deliver social and sustainable innovations to contribute towards S […]
- General Data Protection Regulation - by: FranziskaVolk June 25, 2018Dear SuSanA Members, I would like to bring your attention once more to the new SuSanA data policy - and to your consent to it. If you haven't done it yet, you can accept the new data policy under "Change your details" when you are logged in. We may not be able to send you WG updates, Forum digests, Regional Chapter updates and newsletter if yo […]
- Latest SuSanA News - how do you like the new format? - by: FranziskaVolk June 25, 2018Dear all, we are happy that the latest SuSanA Newsletter is now available on the SuSanA platform - you can read it even if you haven't subscribed to the Newsletter (if you would like to subscribe you can do that either as a registered member under "Change your Detail" or here ) https://www.susana.org/en/news-and-events/susana-newsmails/159-sus […]
- Toilet marketing campaigns in developing countries erode people’s dignity – this is not acceptable - by: sengel June 25, 2018Hi Titi, While I was excited to read about your "bragging" approach and am pleased you found the work useful, I agree too. I am happy to have my work cited but don't want to appear to endorse particular organisations. Thanks and cheers, Susan
- Pit latrine liners - documented examples - by: muench June 25, 2018