For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Urban Open Defecation free village in Ethiopia _Success story _Sept 2016 : - by: kitesab October 24, 2016Introduction : Olenchity town is located in Boset district, East Shoa Zone of the Oromia Region 126 km from Addis Ababa and 30km from Adama at a geographic coordinate of 8o40’0”N and 39o25’60”E as shown in figure below. Located on the main road to the port of Djibouti commercial activity mainly service related activities such as hotels, bars and restaurants […]
- Pyrolysis - by: Maxym42 October 24, 2016Dear all, I'm currently working on the excreta valorization by pyrolysis. However i'm wondering if any supplier are making small scale device for a toilet development. IF any laboratories or suppliers could give us some clues on the process for sludge, we are interested to make tests and develop new approach for sludge treatment !!! Thanks all I […]
- Global Sanitation Fund reflection paper: Understanding slippage - by: OUmelo October 24, 2016'Sanitation and hygiene behaviour change at scale: Understanding slippage' is a new reflection paper published by WSSCC's Global Sanitation Fund. The paper explores how to discern slippage nuances and patterns, strategies to address, pre-empt and mitigate it, as well as alternative monitoring systems that capture the complexity of slippage mor […]
- Global Sanitation Fund reflection paper: Catalytic programming for scale and sustainability - by: OUmelo October 24, 2016A new publication explores the conversations, reflections and lessons emerging from a multi-stakeholder Global Sanitation Fund learning event earlier this year. Themes include: incorporating effective approaches for scale, decentralized programme delivery and sustainability; ensuring a truly inclusive approach that leaves no one behind; and addressing monito […]
- Re: Tool for Technology Choice for FSM-SANITECH - by: sujaya October 24, 2016Dear Mr Jha, Apologies for the delay in replying. - Please find below the answers to your queries. I have gone through a few pages of the Tool and have some fundamental queries. 1. What is the rate of accumulation of septage? The Tool mentions faecal production rate in different groups of countries. For designing a system for treatment of septage, accumulati […]
- Urban Open Defecation free village in Ethiopia _Success story _Sept 2016 : - by: kitesab October 24, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites