For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: New MHM resources - by: Mbaja March 29, 2017Dear Inajurga, Thank you for the information on MHM resources. I am from a small rural village in Kenya where MHM is an issue but no one talks about it. Currently, I am contemplating on researching on an MHM related issue for my Master Thesis and these resource materials are very insightful. The website is very organised and really easy to navigate through. […]
- Re: Working Group 6 members: Take part in our Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon 19-21 March ! Example: new article on decentralized wastewater systems - by: Decentral March 29, 2017Thanks for your comments. I do not read and speak German language, but from the figure it looks like an interesting solution for storm water treatment before discharge, therefore could be applied in locations with separate conveyance systems (storm water and wastewater in separate pipelines). If this is the case, it does not apply to the wastewater system. I […]
- Re: Wikipedia translation tool - what's better, translate the entire article or the leads only? Does it get overwritten? - by: canaday March 29, 2017Hi Elisabeth, It seems Wikipedia only allows one person to translate a given page and any changes would have to be made after it is published. In the case of very large pages, it may be convenient for teams to translate them and then the leader of each team can copy and paste the texts into place. Let's remember that different people can contribute to W […]
- Re: Starting Soon: TDS 12 "Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) in Schools - A neglected issue" - by: F H Mughal March 29, 2017Dear Mintje, Thank you for your response. Yes, I'll be glad to share the findings of the publication, at the link, you mentioned. The best thing I liked about this publication is that, despite being a short publication (11 pp), it has an excellent list of references. Regards, F H Mughal
- Re: Starting Soon: TDS 12 "Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) in Schools - A neglected issue" - by: Mintje March 29, 2017Thank you for this Point of view! The following topics are thought to serve more as background information. What we have done so far in WG7 around MHM; Preparatory Readings for our Thematic Discussion on "MHM in Schools - A neglected issue"; Running Now: TDS 12 "Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) in Schools - A neglected issue" The discus […]
- Re: New MHM resources - by: Mbaja March 29, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites