For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Policy analysis and research support in fecal waste management (FWM) in East Africa - by: mchege December 13, 2017Dennis, Thanks for all this useful information. Interesting to learn about the project you are doing with UN-Habitat. Please let us know about the upcoming workshop so our team can see about participation. Admittedly our work is not as technical (in the engineering sense) as what you seem to be doing, but the context and view of stakeholders your team has wo […]
- From missing market incentives to misaligned incentives What is choking India’s rural sanitation progress? - by: nityajacob December 13, 2017Hi Aprajita, The choke points PSI has found are all valid. Sometimes they occur in isolation, sometimes together. The impact is different in both cases but is highly context specific. I'll try to comment individually below. Incremental increases in SBMG allocations. This year's budget allotted substantially more to SBMG than the previous years […]
- Policy analysis and research support in fecal waste management (FWM) in East Africa - by: mchege December 13, 2017Daniel, thanks for the pointers about the work that Nelson and SEI is doing. Will review this to explore potential synergies. We havent started the Uganda phase of the project, we will do so next year. We are still searching for Uganda-based research partners - no implementation at this stage. Any pointers would be appreciated. Best
- Sex-Segregated Toilets - by: conniebenjamin December 12, 2017Thanks for bringing up this topic F H Mughal. The impact of sex-segregated toilets and transgender rights to access public toilets is something that WaterAid is currently looking at - WaterAid conducted a literature review, which looked at what currently exists in the literature on the connection between LGBTI issues and sanitation. The paper was presented a […]
- SuSanA's case studies are now on the map! - by: secretariat December 12, 2017Dear SuSanA community, I would like to draw your attention to the newly added feature on the website. If you are searching for a case study from a specific geographical location, you can simply click on the map and don't need to work your way through the growing number of case studies: www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...cations/case-studies Kind […]
- Policy analysis and research support in fecal waste management (FWM) in East Africa - by: mchege December 13, 2017