For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
What sanitation topics you are interested in?
- Interest in Sanitation – November 2016 Sanitation Updates - Views by Country - by: F H Mughal December 5, 2016Interest in Sanitation – November 2016 Sanitation Updates - Views by Country My good friend, Dan Campbell, Knowledge Creation/WASH Specialist, USAID Water Communications and Knowledge Management (CKM) Project, has shared with me, among others, extremely useful and interesting information. The information pertains to the viewing of Nov 2016 Sanitation Updates […]
- Decentralized wastewater systems - new website - by: Decentral December 5, 2016A new website provides information regarding basic principles and latest developments of decentralized wastewater systems aiming at a wide audience and all stakeholders involved in the Project management process. It is expected that it could help in the mutual understanding and collaboration of all parties involved. Comments and recommendations are welcome. […]
- Re: Google Maps for Locating Clean Toilets - by: muench December 5, 2016Thanks for pointing this out, Mughal. The article is very brief, but perhaps others know more about this? Whilst the heading talks about locating clean toilets, the article itself says only: Soon you might be able to quickly pull up Google Maps to find the nearest toilet. How would an App decide on what qualifies as "clean" unless it includes frequ […]
- Re: How can companies incentivise sanitation - by: sandhyat December 5, 2016Hi Everyone, Look forward to an interesting discussion. I'd like to introduce myself- I am Sandhya Tenneti and I work with Priya Naik at Samhita Social Ventures. I will be making the initial comments to initiate the discussion round this topic. A number of innovative approaches can be adopted to incentivizing sanitation within companies and across compa […]
- Sanivation's Santa's Stinkiest Stocking - Sending Coal for a Cause for the Holidays - by: tylerk098 December 5, 2016Dear SuSanA Community, We're Sanivation, a social enterprise transforming feces into fuel in Kenya. This holiday season, we’re launching a campaign called Santa’s Stinkiest Stocking to sell our poop briquettes, urging people to give coal for a cause. We’re taking the “coal in your stocking” tradition to the next level. If you know someone who deserves t […]
- Interest in Sanitation – November 2016 Sanitation Updates - Views by Country - by: F H Mughal December 5, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites