For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
What sanitation topics you are interested in?
- Funding support available for early career professionals to attend WEDC Conference 2017 - by: Petra December 8, 2016The CLTS Knowledge Hub is pleased to announce that we have funding available to support a small number of early career practitioners and/or researchers to attend and present at the 40th WEDC International Conference 24-28 July 2017 at Loughborough University, UK.wedc.lboro.ac.uk/conference/40/ The funding will cover all costs related to conference registrati […]
- Re: How can companies incentivise sanitation - by: nityajacob December 8, 2016Hi all, I feel incentives for sanitation work better in the long term than punitive measures. If an act attracts a reward and becomes aspirational, it is likely to have permanent effects than a penalising people for not doing that act. Accordingly, recognitions and rewards for good work on sanitation can have a great impact on how it is perceived. Some ways […]
- Re: Apart from CSR, what are the possible ways a corporate can get engaged in the sector - by: simon December 8, 2016I wish to throw a few more dimensions to this interesting debate. The thoughts below take the “necessity” angle rather than the business/entrepreneurial angle of how policy and government regulations can contribute to enhancing access to sanitation: 1. World over, governments, in the interest of development and growth, play a critical role in the innovation […]
- Re: Sanitation for the Homeless in the US - by: F H Mughal December 8, 2016Dear Carol, That is an interesting information, you shared, along with the links to the articles. I'm, still, unable to digest the heading: "71% Of SF Homeless Once Had Homes In SF." How come? SF is a nice city. Listen to the song: San Francisco by Scott Mackenzie. Just one point: Are there research papers on the topic that you can share? Kind […]
- Re: How can companies incentivise sanitation - by: sandhyat December 8, 2016Hi Everyone, Thank you for your responses. The example of the engineering firm that used two departments to address sanitation issue is a client of Samhita's and a project that we worked on with them. The engineering firm's employees (engineers) who worked on building and constructing the toilets- their work was considered as volunteering and their […]
- Funding support available for early career professionals to attend WEDC Conference 2017 - by: Petra December 8, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites