For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Will urine divertion might disrupt proper functioning of small scale aerobic waste water system (activated sludge or biofilter)? - by: BPopov April 19, 2018JKMakowka wrote: This is a bit hard to say theoretically, but generally the aerobic digestion should not be N or P limited even if the urine is separated (and you could always dose a bit of the collected urine into the system if needed). However this doesn't have any impact on the size or cost of the primary and secondary (the biofilter / AS) treatment […]
- Reply: the 1st Separett UDDT in Datong city - by: Ecowaters April 19, 2018No, no----not a cheaper product by Separett but a different product that Separett would have to customize for you. Given the photos I see, I would suggest using urine diverters and urinals with large batch containers---either in the existing but emptied pits or on the floor. Add ventilation stacks/pipes with NO BENDS. I understand that this is about a busine […]
- Reply: the 1st Separett UDDT in Datong city - by: scottchen April 19, 2018Hi, Kizito Richard, Millions of millions Chinese farmers are using the pit latrines. Now our top leader issues an order to change the stinky toilets within 3-5 years. The policy makers only trust normal flush toilets and are against the dry toilets. What I am doing is to demonstrate to them there are morder dry toilets which are more ecological than the wate […]
- Insights A WASH Dialogue and Partnership Forum, New Delhi, 27th April - by: Alijavid493 April 19, 2018Hi I am Javed Ali from Kargil Ladakh (INDIA). My message to all water conversations Volunteers to establish more and more local toilets to conserve our precious water as compare to use flushed toilets. Because flushed toilets needs approximately huge water amounts. We and our villagers as well as some town people use local toilets which means save water indi […]
- the 1st Separett UDDT in Datong city - by: scottchen April 19, 2018Hi， Carol： i have studied all the products Separett has. You are right. I can find some cheaper products form Separett to realize the purpose. The 1st Villa 9000 is to find whether the farmers like the product or not . If yes, the government would finance them to change their pit latrines, to some kind toilets like Villa 9000. As shown in the picture, there […]
- Will urine divertion might disrupt proper functioning of small scale aerobic waste water system (activated sludge or biofilter)? - by: BPopov April 19, 2018