For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Thematic Discussion Series: Innovations in WASH, SuSanA India Chapter - by: Marijn Zandee April 25, 2018Dear all, I know I have posted a lot of what I am about to write earlier, but I think it can contribute so I will repeat myself. It seems that the discussion is predominantly about the very complicated problem of the lack of toilet ownership and use in India; the sanitation component of WASH. When we look potential private sector involvement in the sanitatio […]
- ANSI Calls on Expert Stakeholders to Participate in ISO Project Committee 318 on Community-Scale Resource-Oriented Sanitation Systems - by: kimgerly April 24, 2018Are EXPLODING homeless encampments in cities/urban locales throughout the USA being included as part of the stakeholders' audience? I enquire, because these homeless/housing challenged folks ALSO require access to a more holistic, resilient sanitation opportunity i.e. thermophilic composting of humanure. Unfortunately, these citizens lack dignified, and […]
- How to get rid of flies in dual chamber UDDT? - by: EcoSwell April 24, 2018Hi all, I'm an intern working on a new dual chamber, UDDT in northern Peru. We have been using the dry toilet for about one month now. There don't seem to be any bad smells, and we all use a few scoops of dry material with each use, but there are always a lot of flies in the chamber that escape when the seat is opened. Any tips on how to mitigate t […]
- Excreta disinfection - by: F H Mughal April 24, 2018Excreta disinfection A recent post of Global Water Pathogen Project, available at: mailchi.mp/abb1fc3b6c9d/april-11-2018-gw...sletter?e=10a5fc3af3 recommends disinfection of excreta in emergencies. The concept is well-taken, especially since this deals with emergency. However, in certain areas, even the drinking water is not disinfected. In the rural areas o […]
- great new behaviour change website! - by: jamespharper April 24, 2018Thanks! This looks great!
- Thematic Discussion Series: Innovations in WASH, SuSanA India Chapter - by: Marijn Zandee April 25, 2018