For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- SuSanA workshop on opportunities for knowledge sharing partnership development in Accra - by: Doreen December 13, 2017Dear Connie, Thanks for the report. I have requested our interns to upload it in the SuSanA library. Looking forward to more details about the webinar. Best regards, Doreen
- Policy analysis and research support in fecal waste management (FWM) in East Africa - by: Doreen December 13, 2017Dear Mwangi, Thanks for this information. You should talk to the colleagues at the Water Sector Trust Fund (Mara Road, Upper Hill) and the GIZ Water Sector Reform Programme . They have a strong focus on FSM within the UBSUP programme. Email me seperately and I can forward you their details. Best regards, Doreen
- Policy analysis and research support in fecal waste management (FWM) in East Africa - by: mchege December 13, 2017Dennis, Thanks for all this useful information. Interesting to learn about the project you are doing with UN-Habitat. Please let us know about the upcoming workshop so our team can see about participation. Admittedly our work is not as technical (in the engineering sense) as what you seem to be doing, but the context and view of stakeholders your team has wo […]
- From missing market incentives to misaligned incentives What is choking India’s rural sanitation progress? - by: nityajacob December 13, 2017Hi Aprajita, The choke points PSI has found are all valid. Sometimes they occur in isolation, sometimes together. The impact is different in both cases but is highly context specific. I'll try to comment individually below. Incremental increases in SBMG allocations. This year's budget allotted substantially more to SBMG than the previous years […]
- Policy analysis and research support in fecal waste management (FWM) in East Africa - by: mchege December 13, 2017Daniel, thanks for the pointers about the work that Nelson and SEI is doing. Will review this to explore potential synergies. We havent started the Uganda phase of the project, we will do so next year. We are still searching for Uganda-based research partners - no implementation at this stage. Any pointers would be appreciated. Best
- SuSanA workshop on opportunities for knowledge sharing partnership development in Accra - by: Doreen December 13, 2017