For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- [WG4] SuSanA India Chapter Thematic Discussion Series: Innovations in WASH. Comments invited - by: nityajacob April 23, 2018Dear friends, This is a reminder that the India Chapter of SuSanA, that is hosted by the India Sanitation Coalition, is running the thematic discussion on Innovations in WASH. We invite you to comment on the discussion. The second topic opened last week and we are still seeking your comment on the second topic : I would like to seek your views on whether the […]
- Call for contributions on the principle of accountability and the human rights to water and sanitation - by: muench April 23, 2018Dear Pascal, Thanks for posting your call here. I am just wondering if the mentioned "accountability" has anything to do with the "social accountability" that we discussed on the forum here?: forum.susana.org/242-advocacy-and-civil-...water-and-sanitation I noticed the deadline for your questionnaire has passed. Did you get many submissio […]
- Rethinking rural sanitation - by: muench April 23, 2018Dear Mughal, Maybe it depends on how you define "rural sanitation". I think the UNICEF/Water Aid work that Brooke wrote about probably refers to sparsely populated areas where a sewer system would be not sensible, not needed, too expensive. Thus, when you have no sewer you also don't have sewage to treat in a treatment plant. I assume with rur […]
- Sani Solar, designed as a dry sanitation system for rural areas with hot climate - by: muench April 23, 2018Dear Jochen, Hajo and all, In my role as moderator, I have now split the posts specifically relating to Sani Solar out of the other thread that was about solar drying in general ( forum.susana.org/comparisons-of-various-...in-the-feces-quickly ). It wasn't easy as some posts were overlapping in both directions but I hope I've done a good job. I thi […]
- Deeper Self Perception Behaviour Change Barriers - Looking beyond short sighted commercial marketing behaviour change - by: muench April 23, 2018Dear Depinder, Thanks for posting about this. The two attachments were from 2011 and 2012, and were about UNICEF’s Behaviour Change Communication Strategy in Bihar. Your findings are probably still just as valid even though this was 6-7 years ago. I am just wondering what prompted you to post about them here now? Has UNICEF's work in Bihar been successf […]
- [WG4] SuSanA India Chapter Thematic Discussion Series: Innovations in WASH. Comments invited - by: nityajacob April 23, 2018