For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Faecal sludge field monitoring and emergency sanitation treatment kits - by: kharallaxman February 26, 2018Dear Bipin and Kris, Have you been able to explore conducting the Helminth eggs test that you mentioned above? We are thinking of conducting some pH and Helminths testes on ecosan dehydrated faeces. Would be interesting to seek to build from your experience.
- Solar treatment of feces? - by: hajo February 25, 2018Hi Tore, referring to Edwin Kellogg's question: he is asking for 'a chart' not for 'ahcart'... I guess.. Please take note that in my posting #24121 I mentioned that the temperature in the FS never surpassed 450C although we had 75, 90 and 1200C in the oven and in the container respectively and that I assume that the dried FS works li […]
- Social Accountability in Water and Sanitation - by: F H Mughal February 25, 2018Dear Ms. Cecile, You have, no doubt, mentioned important points in your post - lot of communication; targeting decentralised and centralised levels; working at lower levels with an eye on wider arena. I agree with your points. They can keep the project or program going effectively. Kind regards, F H Mughal
- Twin pit pour flush latrines in India - is it timely to call into question the design and operating principles? - by: DavidAlan February 25, 2018It is about education, time and money. Forgive me, because I don't know what processes you use. In our Indian villages we work with our 'users' before, during and after UDDT construction. Even when we are not around so much we form Village Development Committees to gently use peer-to-peer pressure to encourage continual adoption. In our seven […]
- What Works for Water, Can Also Work for Sanitation - by: F H Mughal February 25, 2018What Works for Water, Can Also Work for Sanitation WaterAid, India, in an effort to sensitize the issue of water, used the powerful medium of Hindi film industry, popularly called Bollywood. They produced a Hindi feature film set in a hypothetical village in India facing severe water scarcity. The film was released on August 28, 2015 across the country. The […]
- Faecal sludge field monitoring and emergency sanitation treatment kits - by: kharallaxman February 26, 2018