For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Are public toilets inclusive of transgender and intersex people? - by: DianeKellogg May 22, 2018Just the kind of information (and ideas for images) we need. To All...........keep it coming.
- Are public toilets inclusive of transgender and intersex people? - by: Carol McCreary May 22, 2018Diane, Connie, There's been an unexpected development regarding the public toilet signage used to make LGBT people comfortable in Japan. Japan News reports that a number of city governments are removing their Gender Neutral Toilet signs because LGBT people don't like them. Here are typical responses: Entering restrooms with the marks is no differen […]
- Are public toilets inclusive of transgender and intersex people? - by: conniebenjamin May 22, 2018Thanks for this Diane! I'd like to highlight a recent paper Transgender-inclusive sanitation: insights from South Asia The paper highlights initiatives from across South Asia to make sanitation inclusive for transgender people as well as some recommendations for how to do so for practitioners. The case studies show the diversity of transgender identitie […]
- New Video Entries in the SuSanA Library - by: secretariat May 22, 2018Dear all, Some of you might notice that we have recently added a total of 55 new video entries in the SuSanA library. The videos/webinars available in the library are the ones that have more than 1000 views on the SuSanA YouTube channel over the past few years. We have curated the videos according to the spesific topic, for example: this library entry Commun […]
- SuSanA featured on SHHH: The Poopcast - by: muench May 22, 2018Dear Shaun, Thanks for doing this podcast with Esther from our SuSanA network (Oxfam). Very nice job! It's quite long (1 hour), do you find this format works well with your target audience? Do you get high click rates? Do you get feedback from your followers how they liked this podcast? I am curious! (Edit: Oh and at 23:30 minutes you start talking with […]
- Are public toilets inclusive of transgender and intersex people? - by: DianeKellogg May 22, 2018