For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: New Fecal Sludge Management Toolbox now available for Investors, Planners and Consultants (Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand and partners) - by: susu February 21, 2017First of all, thank you Kim for your positive feedback and we are very delighted to address your queries with this post! FSM Toolbox Workshop at FSM4 Given the rise of FSM, both as a concept and a challenge, there has been a scattered but significant push for support tools and other resources. Such materials, while very helpful, can be intimidating to the us […]
- Re: Key Performance Indicators used for Fecal sludge Management project - by: thapkris February 21, 2017Dear Chris Canaday, Thank you for your very helpful suggestions. These Key Performance Indicators are basically targeted to south east Asia and African region. I am trying to list down all of the indicators which can be helpful in this region to monitor performance. Thus, we can say its more general than context specific.
- Re: RE: [Wg4] Working Group 4 meeting at FSM in Chennai - by: muench February 21, 2017Hi Eddy and Eric, The meeting has already taken place (it was on Sunday 19th at 1830 at the the Park Hyatt Hotel) but do make sure you approach Esther and have a chat to her to find out what came out of it and to express your interest. Maybe she will post minutes here in this thread, too. Regards, Elisabeth
- Re: Reuse of Faecal Sludge in Agriculture in Mzuzu, Malawi - by: canaday February 21, 2017Hi Adrian and Ela, Searching for Ascaris and other Helminth eggs is no so high-tech, beyond having access to a microscope, which should presumably be feasible (e.g., at university or a health ministry malaria lab). Under the microscope, Ascaris eggs are quite distinctive and sort of look like beautiful, intricate, golden sculptures, so it is a bit like an Ea […]
- Re: Reuse of Faecal Sludge in Agriculture in Mzuzu, Malawi - by: goeco February 20, 2017In my view the biggest gaps in research are in changes to levels of helminths over time. The 5 year rest period seems to be the magic number but I haven't uncovered any research data to support that. This is a hugely important area, the number one limiting factor to reuse of sludge in agriculture. It's an unknown, and fear of the problem is sometim […]
- Re: New Fecal Sludge Management Toolbox now available for Investors, Planners and Consultants (Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand and partners) - by: susu February 21, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites