For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Photos of the world's toilets, according to income levels - by: ddiba January 22, 2018The Gapminder Foundation, founded by the late Swedish public health professor and statistics "rock-star" - Hans Rosling, has released results from a new project called Dollar Street. In this project, they collected 30,000 photos from 264 homes in 50 countries and sorted them according to monthly incomes. The entire photo collection can be seen on t […]
- Re: Key documents for the sub-category on nutrition and WASH - by: F H Mughal January 22, 2018Dear Ms. Jona, Thank you for making it clear. Since there a number of good publications on WASH-Nutrition, you may like to examine the possibilities of increasing the number of publications to 10 (from 5) - just a modest suggestion. Regards, F H Mughal
- RFP: Business model development for Nano Membrane Toilet - by: AParker January 22, 2018An experienced consultant or consultancy team is sought to develop business models for the Nano Membrane Toilet, over a period of six months, beginning 19th March 2018 for an estimated 6-month period. Please see the attahced for details. To submit your tender please register on: in-tendhost.co.uk/cranfielduni/aspx/Home . For any questions about the content p […]
- Introduction: Saskia Machel (Berlin, Germany) - by: Saskia January 22, 2018Hi everyone, with this first post I'd like to introduce myself here at the SuSanA Forum. Currently I’m doing an intership at the German Toilet Organization, while I’m finishing my master degree in Urban Ecosystem Science with my master thesis on “Hygienisation and stabilisation of human faeces for the reuse as fertiliser or growing media”. I am passiona […]
- Introducing Agency for Research and Development Initiative (ARDI) from South Sudan: A new partner organisation of SuSanA - by: ARDI January 22, 2018Dear Pelumi Thanks for the introduction and welcoming ARDI into SuSanA family. We grateful to be part in contributing innovative and critical thinking for better approachs in promoting sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene for the vulnerable communities in the world. Through partnerships and discussion solution becomes available. We have now moved to a n […]
- Photos of the world's toilets, according to income levels - by: ddiba January 22, 2018