For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Canada’s Challenges and Opportunities to Address Contaminants in Wastewater - by: christenerz May 23, 2018Dear Mr. F H Mughal, at the moment, there does not seem to be any manual/legislation or recommendations on how to deal with microplastics in Canada. Control at the source has been highlighted as an important factor in limiting the inflow of contaminants into a WWTP (and into its effluent). The use of microbeads in toiletries and cleaning products, which was […]
- A New Technique to Purify River Water for Use in Rural Communities - by: F H Mughal May 23, 2018Thank you for your response. Turbidity in canals here is high (500-800 ntu). From Table 1, it appears, you have studies waters with 200 ntu turbidity. What changes would you suggest for highly turbid waters (500-800 ntu)? Regards, F H Mughal
- Introducing International Training Network from Bangladesh: A new partner organisation of SuSanA - by: ainulfirdatun May 23, 2018Dear Rakib Ahmed, I read on the ITN-BUET website about one of ITN's ongoing projects on SanMark-CITY: Intelligent Design in Urban Sanitation Marketing. Could you share with us here the progress/result of the project? What are the main challenges you (and your team) faced during the project? Is there any spesific reason in choosing the spesific toilet te […]
- IHE's results from BMGF Capacity Building Projects I - SANIUP - by: muench May 23, 2018Dear Mariska, Thanks for making us aware of the SANIUP website. It looks very pretty, impressive and interesting! Would it be wortwhile (and in your interest) to also include the "creations" from this project in the SuSanA library? I mean the items that you put here: saniup.org/creations/ The project generated 20 doctoral and 58 master theses and i […]
- A New Technique to Purify River Water for Use in Rural Communities - by: varkey May 23, 2018Thank you. Once seed powder is used up, it should be thrown away along with the residual and replaced with fresh ones because during coagulation the seed particles (more specifically the proteins, MOCP) attract dirt from raw water (an electrostatic phenomenon), get clogged and settle down. It cannot be re-sued. At the rate of 0.25 g /L, 5 L raw water needs 1 […]
- Canada’s Challenges and Opportunities to Address Contaminants in Wastewater - by: christenerz May 23, 2018