For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- New SATO Connection System for Twin-Pit Pour Flush Latrines - by: pkjha August 23, 2017Dear Dean and Everyone I would like to add a few clarifications. Depth and dia of a twin pit for 5 users of toilet and for the soil having percolation rate of 30l/m2 , is 1 m each. Even a pit is filled by half, there is adequate space for percolation on incoming liquid. Simple calculation is as under. For 5 users of toilet having Indian pan with 20 mm water- […]
- Re: WaterAid School WASH research in Bangladesh, Nepal, India and Nepal - by: muench August 23, 2017Hi Jacques, I share your concern about Department of Education in the Philippines possibly being seen in a negative light if I provide that example in that way. I have now changed it so that DoE in the Philippines comes across much more positively, by adding this example: Group handwashing [edit | edit source] Supervised daily group handwashing in schools ca […]
- Introducing Sindhi Adhikar Manch Association from India: A new partner organisation of SuSanA - by: sindhimanch August 23, 2017Thanks
- Re: WaterAid School WASH research in Bangladesh, Nepal, India and Nepal - by: JacquesPiP August 23, 2017Dear Elisabeth, well done for extracting this from your pile of work and integrating it so nicely in the Wiki article. I think it is very fine. Perhaps you could term this subsection 'Enabling environment for WASH in schools'. Citations are fine. The content of this subsection is pretty much in all four case study reports, and if I recall well, it […]
- New SATO Connection System for Twin-Pit Pour Flush Latrines - by: pkjha August 23, 2017