For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- SuSanA featured on SHHH: The Poopcast - by: ThePuru May 25, 2018Hi Elisabeth, Thanks so much for listening, and for writing! To your questions... It's hard to say whether there might be a better format; I don't get a lot of feedback from followers, though mostly it comes through email or in person. I would love to get more, and be able to generate more public conversations, like on social media. The podcast wit […]
- Canada’s Challenges and Opportunities to Address Contaminants in Wastewater - by: F H Mughal May 25, 2018Dear Ms Christene, That was an interesting brief background of your work. Moving on from microplastic (how do you define microplastic?) to just plastic, you must be aware that a plastic bag was found in Mariana Trench, 36,000 ft below the surface. Kindly see this link: weather.com/science/environment/video/ri...s-of-plastic-bottles Regards, F H Mughal […]
- A New Technique to Purify River Water for Use in Rural Communities - by: F H Mughal May 25, 2018Yes, if there is any research group working in this field here, I'll let you know. Thanks, F H Mughal
- Emptying of cesspit (holding tank) - by: tgurksi May 25, 2018Hi Hajo, The question of pumpability needs to be a bit more specific. There are countless different pumping technologies, some of which are suited to thick sludges and some of which are not. For example, a progressive cavity pump is perfectly capable of pumping even undiluted feces. But regardless of the technology, there is always the issue of suction. Unle […]
- great new behaviour change website! - by: petrschmied May 25, 2018Hi Kris! We do not offer RSS as we usually send news only 2-3x per year. The www.behaviourchange.net website is primarily a collection of the very best research methods for understanding the barriers to behaviour change, so we send a newsletter whenever we have at least several really good resources. I wish you a pleasant weekend! Petr
- SuSanA featured on SHHH: The Poopcast - by: ThePuru May 25, 2018