For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- New group handwashing device - by: muench February 22, 2017Hi, At the 10-year SuSanA celebration meeting in Eschborn in January, this new group handwashing device as promoted by Fit for Schools in the Philippines was on display: Those things that are hanging there are pieces of soap in a nylon sock, I think. Could someone involved in this innovation please explain to us what the new features are? I recall overhearin […]
- Re: “Contribution of Sustainable Sanitation to the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development” – SuSanA’s revised Vision Document now open for discussion! - by: muench February 22, 2017Dear Sowmya, Thanks for your post with all these really interesting ideas. I am just a little bit at a loss how you would want to see those integrated into the 4-page document that we are meant to comment on here ("Contribution of Sustainable Sanitation to the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development”)? I think the call for comments was more for things t […]
- Re: Working Group 11 (groundwater) members: please take part in edit-a-thon on 19-20 March (and before) to improve Wikipedia for groundwater - by: kanalwolf February 22, 2017Dear All, In addition to what Elisabeth wrote, please consider also the following: Some of Wikipedia articles are already quite detailed and well described. But the OTHER LANGUAGES either have no or very basic information on groundwater protection ans sanitation aspects. If some of you speak two languages, you cold provide a big support by translating the mo […]
- In Portuguese! Rastrear Progresso e Sustentabilidade: Monitoria, Verificação e Certificação de CLTS - by: Petra February 22, 2017Monitoria, verificação e certificação são essenciais para garantir o êxito e a sustentabilidade dos esforços de Saneamento Total Liderado pela Comunidade (CLTS). A monitoria avalia e documenta o progresso realizado e a sustentabilidade do estatuto de Livre de Fecalismo a Céu Aberto (ODF). A verificação e a certificação definem uma meta para as comunidades e […]
- Re: To Working Group 5 members: join edit-a-thon on 19-20 March (and before) to improve Wikipedia for food security and productive sanitation - by: Payd February 22, 2017Dear Linus There are several IWMI staff who could help on topics like resource recovery, compost use, wastewater, reuse of excreta, and more as you see gaps. Please keep me in the loop that we know how best to assist maybe individually or as a group with some internal quality control. Best regards, Pay
- New group handwashing device - by: muench February 22, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites