For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- How to deal with trash in pits - TRASH EXCLUSION - by: muench April 28, 2017I look forward to reading more from Francis about this here on the Forum, too (thanks for posting your paper here, Francis!). I had a look at the FSM4 Conference page within SuSanA and found his presentation here: www.susana.org/en/resources/conference-m...-india-february-2017 If you use the ctrl+F function and search for "exclusion" you find it he […]
- Re: We have a mobile version of the forum for smartphones and tablet computers - Further improvements - by: muench April 28, 2017The new mobile version of the SuSanA Forum is now available! Just open up the forum website from your mobile phone and check it out: www.forum.susana.org Everything should be pretty similar to using it on a desktop or laptop but one added feature that the mobile phone version allows is sharing a thread with friends in Whatsapp! So if you like to use Whatsapp […]
- How to deal with trash in pits - TRASH EXCLUSION - by: hajo April 28, 2017hello, I read your posting on the above topic but could not find any further documentation of the Flex-X presented in Chennai at FSM4. Could you either send me a link or let us know where you stand with regard to trash exclusion which I find a very useful approach. ciao Hajo
- Regular septic tanks vs Biodigester septic tanks - by: Marijn Zandee April 28, 2017Dear James, To start, "biodigester" is somewhat loose term. Some seem to equate it to a biogas plant, others seem to use it for any anaerobic treatment system. I would go with the latter. In that sense a septic tank is a type of biodigester by definition. For me, it would only be a biogas plant if purposely build to capture the biogas. In that case […]
- Forum will be offline for maintenance and upgrading this Thursday 27 May for 24 hours! - by: hajo April 28, 2017.. possible bug?! 1 I searched for 'LaDePa' and got 51 hits on 4 pages (see attachment) 2 after reading the first page, neither 'next' nor '2' takes me to the next page 3 but rather to the 'detailed search' template from where my search started...??? ciao Hajo
- How to deal with trash in pits - TRASH EXCLUSION - by: muench April 28, 2017