For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Sex-Segregated Toilets - by: conniebenjamin December 12, 2017Thanks for bringing up this topic F H Mughal. The impact of sex-segregated toilets and transgender rights to access public toilets is something that WaterAid is currently looking at - WaterAid conducted a literature review, which looked at what currently exists in the literature on the connection between LGBTI issues and sanitation. The paper was presented a […]
- SuSanA's case studies are now on the map! - by: secretariat December 12, 2017Dear SuSanA community, I would like to draw your attention to the newly added feature on the website. If you are searching for a case study from a specific geographical location, you can simply click on the map and don't need to work your way through the growing number of case studies: www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...cations/case-studies Kind […]
- From missing market incentives to misaligned incentives What is choking India’s rural sanitation progress? - by: andreshuesoWA December 12, 2017I agree with many of the points highlighted in this debate, and wanted to contribute with this really good resource, a ground-truthing exercise using immersions that was conducted by Praxis India (with IDS and WaterAid) and that gives very interesting insights of the realities at the village level. It includes a policy and practice note with practical ideas […]
- Practical and technical questions on use and installation of SaTo pan - by: hajo December 12, 2017Dear Jim McHale (c/o SATO), dear all, I refer to my questions 2 1/2 months ago of which the first two have been kindly answered by SSG (thank you, Sherina) while I still await detailed information on the SATO stools (products 203, 206). I have been even in contact with LIXIL directly but to no success. I wonder how the SATO techniques can have such high repu […]
- SuSanA workshop on opportunities for knowledge sharing partnership development in Accra - by: conniebenjamin December 12, 2017Hello, On the 7th of September 2017 SuSanA, WaterAid UK and WaterAid Ghana in partnership with Ghana's ministry of Sanitation and Water Resources held a one-day workshop on opportunities for knowledge sharing partnership via the SuSanA platform. The workshop took place in Accra. The purpose of the workshop was to present the SuSanA as an active network […]
- Sex-Segregated Toilets - by: conniebenjamin December 12, 2017