For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Online Course for Faecal Sludge Management | free | enrolling now | starting 1 February 2018 - by: aimeesmith January 18, 2018Hello Daniel That is wonderful news - the more the merrier! Thank you so much for the spreading the word.
- Sanitation Taboos - by: F H Mughal January 18, 2018Please have a look at this paper: What causes childhood stunting among children of San Vicente, Guatemala: Employing complimentary, system-analysis approaches www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1438463917306272 Thank you, F H Mughal
- any interest in new technologies?(specially imported one) - by: Ecowaters January 18, 2018Reading those old threads, I see a lot of confusion about what is the Aquatron. The centrifugal separator is what the company makes. The toilets and composters are made by other companies. It is a good system when it works. Like all systems, it needs monitoring. I did not see Thammarat's "hydrocyclone" separator. I only see his solar-warmed th […]
- any interest in new technologies?(specially imported one) - by: muench January 18, 2018Akshay, if you are interested in the Aquatron then be sure to also read carefully over this forum thread which spans over two pages: forum.susana.org/106-user-interface-tech...ish-company-aquatron It was called: "Hydrocyclone separator flush toilet for on-site sanitation (Swedish company Aquatron)" and entailed some very interesting discussions. El […]
- Decentralized sanitation a way to go for Ukraine? - by: goeco January 17, 2018Bogdan, you're right, wastewater treatment isn't just about toilets, but all household wastewater. Water is always a necessary component, the issue is dealing with it. Cost-efficiency is the single big issue with regards to scale. The only reason to go more centralised (bigger scale) is to reduce costs per participant. Theoretically the plant itsel […]
- Online Course for Faecal Sludge Management | free | enrolling now | starting 1 February 2018 - by: aimeesmith January 18, 2018