For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
What sanitation topics you are interested in?
- Re: Internship with Cairn Foundation - by: dannyogwo December 8, 2016Dear How can one apply? Daniel
- Re: Sanitation for the Homeless in the US - by: F H Mughal December 8, 2016Dear Carol, Thank you for your feedback. The factors you mentioned - economy, mental illness, addiction, migration, are strong enough to cause homelessness. Just one query: Is this happening in other US cities? You are right - we should talk of sanitation. It is just that I thought it would be helpful to understand background of an area, before taking sanita […]
- Re: Sanitation for the Homeless in the US - by: Carol McCreary December 8, 2016Hi Mughal, Yes, most homeless San Franciscans once had houses in San Francisco. The most recent research here on the west coast shows that the economy, particularly the housing market to be a cause urban houselessness. Other factors contribute - mental illness, addiction, rural to urban migration - but not as much as most people think. This research comes fr […]
- Re: How can companies incentivise sanitation - by: dmulatya December 8, 2016My name is Diana, and am working in Kenya on a USAID funded project that integrates interventions in sanitation and Nutrition sensitive actions. I have a keen interest on health economics, the principles underlying thereof and find this discussion quite insightful. In Kenya, the project is looking at possibilities for working with MFI's to provide low i […]
- Using Wastewater to Flush out Drug Dealers - by: F H Mughal December 8, 2016Using Wastewater to "Flush" out Drug Dealers Those of us, well-versed with wastewater management, will find it hard to believe that wastewater can be used for crime prevention, or more appropriately, to “flush” out the drug dealers! Here it is how, in brief – more can be read at: www.nature.com/news/using-waste-water-to...drug-dealers-1.20581 In so […]
- Re: Internship with Cairn Foundation - by: dannyogwo December 8, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites