For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Postgraduate programme in water and sanitation in Australia, Canada, America - by: SamOricha February 22, 2018Hi Isaac and ALL, Am Samuel, a WASH enthusiast with general interest in Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, specific interest in Rural Sanitation, Water and Wastewater Treatment. I have both research and practical experiences in Water and Wastewater Treatment, Design and Construction of Constructed Wetlands for Septage Treatment, Solid waste manag […]
- Vermi-Trickling Filters (or vermifilters) for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: goeco February 22, 2018Hi Bogdan, yes blockage of these small cheap pumps has always been a concern. Indeed they can block with silt building up in the inlet. The pump itself doesn't block, but the buildup of fine particles can stop the water from flowing into the pump which can burn them out. How I've got around that is to use a series of sedimentation drums between the […]
- Vermi-Trickling Filters (or vermifilters) for Sewage Treatment (looking for help to design) - by: goeco February 22, 2018Hi Bogdan, I originally had the small baskets working in series, it was a long plastic tube made out of 40 gallon drums and I pushed the next empty basket in from one end under the inlet, which pushed all the baskets toward the other end. Was just an experiment... which failed because the composting process was too slow and the tube needed to be too long wit […]
- Improving Wikipedia article on "Waste stabilization ponds" - by: muench February 22, 2018Dear Marcos (and anyone else interested in waste stabilization ponds), I’ve made all the changes from your Word document to the Wikipedia article now. I’ve added a new section on Operation and Maintenance because I think that's important. I have also mentioned something about sludge removal for each type of pond now. Isn't it a bit contradictory th […]
- Online Course for Faecal Sludge Management | free | enrolling now | starting 1 February 2018 - by: KRISWASH February 22, 2018Hi Aimee, Please what kind of details are my expected to send to the e-mail address? Kindly respond. Thank you Christopher
- Postgraduate programme in water and sanitation in Australia, Canada, America - by: SamOricha February 22, 2018