For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- Climate Change Impact on Water Well- Latrine Distance - by: KimAndersson September 20, 2017Dear all, Sorry for the silence in reporting back about the progress on this factsheet/discussion paper on linkages between sanitation and climate change, that I mentioned a couple of months ago. We have deviated somewhat from the original timeline. We are still working on a initial version, that we aim to have ready to share on the forum for feedback, linke […]
- Topic 4 - Is the current monitoring system under DISE adequate and how can it be improved and tied to the SDGs - by: seshadri September 20, 2017Q 1 Do you think indicators and monitoring system under SBSV is harmonized with SDG for WinS? To my knowledge SBSV also carries points equal to SDG for WinS. Q.2 Do you think the UDISE should be modified to include the indicators in SBVP? It is good if UDISE is modified giving provision for SBSV so that the school system takes this also seriously for impleme […]
- Emergency Sanitation - Can you contribute to the Wikipedia Article? - by: tamagawacraft September 20, 2017Dear. Elisabeth Thank you so much . This is my toilet work. Since we developed "REVERSER", we can easily sort poly bags and filth. We can recover quickly with our own family. Regards, shingo Suitsu
- Launch of new research network on built environment and insect-borne diseases - by: dannyogwo September 20, 2017Dear , This is indicate my interest in this network. Will share it with other of my colleagues. Daniel
- Training on 'Nutrient Recovery and Reuse of Human Waste for Food Production', 8-10 Nov 2017, Bengaluru, India - by: Tanvi September 20, 2017Dear All, Greetings! On behalf of CDD Society (wastewater treatment and Faecal Sludge Management experts), we are pleased to announce the training programme on “Nutrient Recovery and Reuse of Human Waste for food production” from November 8-10, 2017 at CASS, Bengaluru. The 3-day training programme is specifically designed to impart participants the know-how […]
- Climate Change Impact on Water Well- Latrine Distance - by: KimAndersson September 20, 2017