For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: What is your definition of Sanitation Success? - by: markanday May 2, 2016Sanitation- Definition : A process which ensures we and our future generation remain safeguarded from water borne diseases in harmony with clean and green environment"
- Re: Thematic Discussion: Working with Community Leaders to Change WASH Behaviors (14-22 April) - by: SDickin May 2, 2016Dear all, Thanks to those who were able to participate in the webinar on WASH behaviour change. For those who weren't available, the recording from this webinar from 28 April 2016 is now available here: After Erin's presentation on working with community leaders we had a discussion about natural leaders and a number of questions were submitted in t […]
- Re: Reply: Latrines Design - is there is a good book or guidelines you can recommend for the design of single and twin pit latrines, ventilated improved pits and fossa alternas - by: Mnyororo May 2, 2016Dear Elisabeth I mean double vault pit latrine which comprises hand washing unit, urinal system, hygiene unit, special room for disability, incinerator for girls and for boys should have hand washing facility, urinal system, special room for disability. Regards Mnyororo
- Re: Latrines Design - is there is a good book or guidelines you can recommend for the design of single and twin pit latrines, ventilated improved pits and fossa alternas - by: kharallaxman May 2, 2016Hi, here is the WHO one form 1992, while going through the replies quickly I did not notice this thus am sharing it. Though a bit old, I find it very classical and I still refer to it. www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/hygi...envsan/onsitesan.pdf Thanks, Laxman
- Re: What could be standard for Hand Washing Station at School - by: Nicole May 2, 2016Dear Binesh, thanks for bringing up this important question. The Fit for School approach promotes separate low-cost group washing facilities that enable children to practice daily hand washing in schools. Please check our webiste and the following publications. Hope that helps. Best regards, Nicole Website: www.fitforschool.international Field Guide: www.fit […]
- Re: What is your definition of Sanitation Success? - by: markanday May 2, 2016
- A dirty secret April 8, 2016Almost two-and-a-half billion people lack access to an adequate toilet, and around one billion hapetra
- Sanitation for all: Scaling up is hard to do March 31, 2016On World Water Day 2016, Jan Willem Rosenboom reflects on the challenges and opportunities for mepetra
- A Time for Global Action: Addressing Girls’ Menstrual Hygiene Management Needs in Schools March 16, 2016A lack of adequate guidance, facilities, and materials for girls to manage their menstruation in school is a neglected public health, social, and educational issue that requires prioritization, coordination, and investment.petra
- Webinar on the Partial Usage of Toilets- POSTPONED March 14, 2016This webinar is based on Norms, Knowledge and Usage the 7th edition of Frontiers of CLTS: Innovations and Insights. The webinar will question how serious the problem of partial usage of toilets is, why it occurs and what are the implications for policy, practice and research.petra
- Bad blood: the taboo on talking about periods is damaging lives March 3, 2016We have 5,000 euphemisms for menstruation, but we still can’t talk about it openly – and stop the stigma that’s harming women’s health and educationpetra
- A dirty secret April 8, 2016
Add to favourites