For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- Topic 4 - Is the current monitoring system under DISE adequate and how can it be improved and tied to the SDGs - by: vedala September 22, 2017Dear all, I feel the monitoring system developed under SBSV including the core WASH questions lends itself to SDG monitoring at the unit level in 4.a, 6.1 and 6.2. In fact, the SBSV monitoring system captures much more than SDG monitoring requirements. A mobile based monitoring system introduced under SBSV enables District, State and National government to p […]
- Topic 4 - Is the current monitoring system under DISE adequate and how can it be improved and tied to the SDGs - by: vedala September 22, 2017Dear all I think UDISE and SBSB have different purposes that can be harmonised to work towards the SDGs. The first is an on-going annual exercise that is well-established, while the other appears to be a recent one to recognise good work. Both can be complementary, as awards can accelerate progress that is in turn monitored by UDISE. UDISE's data collec […]
- Looking for UDDT contacts in Sweden - by: Tore September 21, 2017Great meeting. Showed Arno my book and he was very complimentary toward it. What a great organization. Thank you for your help.
- October 3, 2017 - USAID Webinar on Examining the Sustainability of USAID WASH Programming in Madagascar. - by: campbelldb September 21, 2017Dear Colleagues: The USAID Water Communications & Knowledge Management (Water CKM) Project and USAID's E3/Water Office are hosting a webinar on October 3, 2017 at 9:30 am EDT (New York Time): Examining Sustainability of USAID WASH Programming in Madagascar. This live event will be a joint presentation of key findings from two studies on the sustaina […]
- Norms, nudges, or addiction? Understanding drivers for handwashing behavior change - by: Bijan September 21, 2017Handwashing with soap is one of the most effective ways to prevent diseases, but behavior change to increase handwashing remains a challenge. On September 12, 2017, the Global Handwashing Partnership and USAID hosted a webinar that focused on behavior change approaches for handwashing with soap. The webinar gave participants ideas and perspectives to use on […]
- Topic 4 - Is the current monitoring system under DISE adequate and how can it be improved and tied to the SDGs - by: vedala September 22, 2017