For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Hygiene Symposium - by: Mmekidmfon November 24, 2017My startup, Aimcare NG ( www.aimcare.com.ng ) - a youth led social enterprise committed to ensuring on going access to water, sanitation and hygiene - is partnering with the Lagos State Ministries of Health and Education to organize a hygiene symposium to 1000 students from public secondary schools in Lagos on the 1st of December. I have attached the officia […]
- Myths in Urban Sanitation - by: F H Mughal November 24, 2017Great work - I like it - keep it going! How can one locate a particular post/thread? I'm looking for a recent post from a Indian Ph.D student at Berkeley. He wrote about sanitation in India, and posted pictures. I do not know the caption. For the benefit of forum users, please guide, step-by-step, how to locate a post/thread. Best, F H Mughal
- how to eliminate toilet Discharge on railway track? - by: selva4meena November 24, 2017recent publication from the wire states as " Discharge From New Bio-Toilets on Indian Trains No Better Than Raw Sewage: Study" and Despite sanitation experts and studies pointing out that a majority of these toilets are ineffective or ill maintained, an approximate Rs 1,200 crore has been allocated for fitting additional coaches with bio-toilets. t […]
- SpaTap Portable Tap Instantly Transforming Access to water in Rural Schools Used for Handwashing Hygiene - by: StuSpaTap November 24, 2017Dear Elisabeth, thank you for your questions, i will answer next to them. How does your "humanitarian arm" work? - We work with private sponsors, schools, corps that want to practice CSR I gather you are a small company in Australia. - Yes with big ambitions to change the hygiene situation of the billions of people with no access to a personal tap. […]
- "Sustainable sanitation and the SDGs: interlinkages and opportunities” - Interlinkages Document available in the SuSanA Library - by: muench November 24, 2017Dear Cecilia, I noticed that the SDG Interlinkages Document by SuSanA still has a "draft" watermark (see www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...library/details/2859 ). When do you think it will be upgraded into a final version? Is there currently still a review process ongoing? Also, we have cited the document in the new Wikipedia article about […]
- Hygiene Symposium - by: Mmekidmfon November 24, 2017