For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Bidet as female urinal? - by: muench March 20, 2018Hi Bogdan, How did you go with your idea of using a bidet as a female urinal at your public toilet facility in the Ukraine? Just curious. Regards, Elisabeth
- Interested in urinals for females? Check out the new Wikipedia article - by: muench March 20, 2018Hi Bogdan, Thanks for your feedback. Is urine collection for nutrient reuse practised with any female urinals (do we have a reference?) or is it more of a theoretical advantage? Also, I think the advantages of urinals should be here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urinal , and only those relating particularly to female urinals should be on this page. It is also only […]
- Improving the Wikipedia article on constructed wetlands - by: muench March 20, 2018P.S. Marcos: thanks for your edits, all good. I have also corrected the reference in the meantime. (editing references in Wikipedia is a bit tricky, I agree; it's a bit like using Endnote or similar, and I usually edit it using the source editor which takes me directly to the HTML code)
- Improving the Wikipedia article on constructed wetlands - by: muench March 20, 2018Dear Roumiana, Thanks a lot for this feedback. Your comments prompted me to go back and re-arrange things quite a bit. There was a doubling up about these design issues in two places which I have now merged together. I have also made it clearer (I hope) that subsurface flow CWs can be horizontal or vertical, but surface flow are always only horizontal (right […]
- 5 weeks till WASH Futures Conference 2018 - by: muench March 20, 2018Here comes my last post regarding feedback from this conference. It is about Day 4 Brisbane WASH Futures Conference by Arti Indallah Tjakranegara and Saniya Niska from SNV Indonesia (thank you!) ++++++++++++ Dear WASH Colleagues, Greetings from sunny Brisbane. It’s with a pleasure that we, Saniya and Arti from SNV Indonesia, share you the highlight of the 2n […]
- Re: Bidet as female urinal? - by: muench March 20, 2018