For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Climate CoLab Contest - Sewage Treatment using Diatom Algae - by: Bhaskar August 5, 2015We are pleased to announce that a proposal submitted by us to contests organised by the Climate CoLab of Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA have been selected for the Finals. Nualgi - Diatom Algae for Sewage Treatment Proposal for Waste Management by Nualgi-Diatom Algae climatecolab.org/web/guest/plans/-/plans...01420/planId […]
- Re: 2nd Edition of the Compendium of Sanitations Systems and Technologies is now available! - by: ulrichl August 4, 2015Dear sanitation enthusiasts It is my pleasure to announce a new Sanitation System Drawing Tool which has been uploaded to the Compendium website today: www.sandec.ch/compendium (scroll down to the bottom of the page to download it) It is a PowerPoint-based, easy-to-use tool that is based on the 2nd Edition of the Compendium. You can use it to: Draw your own […]
- Re: Global Handwashing Day 2015 - by: WASHanna August 4, 2015It's official! The theme for Global Handwashing Day 2015 is Raise a Hand for Hygiene. Learn more and get links to our updated Planner's Guide here: us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=45e6f3033a5...1&id=7b1b46a13b.
- Re: Structured discussion on Septage Transfer Stations - Week 3 (9-16 July) Management arrangements for septage transfer stations - by: Mukheibir August 4, 2015Dgroup discussion “Septage Transfer Stations” Summary Topic 3: Management arrangements for Septage Transfer Stations Dear colleagues, We have come to the end of the third topic in this discussion about Septage Transfer Stations. We had four contributions: from Cambodia, Bolivia and Bangladesh (*2). I would like to thank all for their very interesting contrib […]
- Re: 20th SuSanA Meeting in Stockholm, Sweden, 22nd August 2015 - by: dorothee.spuhler August 4, 2015Thank you secretariat I would find it useful to have the information on the different Working group meetings (date, time, venue) also on this agenda for ease of organization and prevent confusions.... would that be possible? Cheers, Dorothee
- Climate CoLab Contest - Sewage Treatment using Diatom Algae - by: Bhaskar August 5, 2015
- The human right to water and sanitation July 15, 2015Water and sanitation are fundamental human rights, and providing access through CLTS is a way of empowering the most unconnected and disadvantaged6
- CLTS Knowledge Hub activities at WEDC Conference 27-31 July June 17, 2015The CLTS Knowledge Hub will be offering four CLTS-related activities at the upcoming international WEDC Conference which is taking place in Loughborough from the 27-31 July 2015.6
- Shit Stunts: Refocusing Priorities in Nutrition and WaSH June 15, 2015Integration of Nutrition and WaSH programmes was the key topic discussed at the multi sectorial panel seminar hosted by Irish Aid, the IFGH and the Development Studies Association of Ireland on the 19th May.6
- Webinar on CLTS and Sustainability June 15, 2015Sustainability is without doubt one of the most burning subject matters that subsumes many of the issues that we are seeing in CLTS and wider WASH practice.On Wednesday 24th June, from 14.00-15.30 BST (convert to your time zone here), the CLTS Knowledge Hub will offer a webinar on the subject.6
- State steps up sanitation drive May 5, 2015Over 50 female leaders from around the world recently published a declaration calling for the end of poor sanitation and hygiene in the developing world. Among those leaders are the first ladies of Madagascar and Malawi, both of whom announced the declaration in Washington, D.C.6
- The human right to water and sanitation July 15, 2015
Add to favourites