For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Sanitation Capacity Building Platform - by: depinder April 20, 2018Elisabeth has asked me to share a brief profile of Sanitation Capacity Building Platform(SCBP) so as to facilitate engagement and discussion here. Let me introduce myself. I am Depinder Kapur and I work with the SCBP Platform, based on Delhi. This is a multi stakeholder platform of agencies promoting decentralised sanitation systems. For more details of SCBP […]
- Will urine divertion might disrupt proper functioning of small scale aerobic waste water system (activated sludge or biofilter)? - by: BPopov April 20, 2018Dear Elisabeth! I think you are absolutely right – urine diversion has potential mainly for small-scale, on-site system where it can be utilized directly a s fertilizer (farm or homestead). However, the main issue is probably not technical appropriateness but I would say ideological willingness to do so based on environmental consciousness. Where society had […]
- the 1st Separett UDDT in Datong city - by: scottchen April 20, 2018Arno, Sorry for saying a late hello to you from Separett. I am here learning the incineration toilets which can bring me quick profits. i am also sorry for not visiting and paying my repect to your hard work in China. thank your for your explaination and comments. now it is time for you to come back to China because our new leaders are calling for a toilet r […]
- the 1st Separett UDDT in Datong city - by: scottchen April 20, 2018hi, Elisabeth: Thank you for posting my comments on the forum. Now, I am in Sweden and the Internet is so fast that I feel like a dream. I will continue the test and upgrade the progress to everyone in the forum. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, I will be around Hamburg visiting THUU. It would be a surprise if some toilet expers came to me suddenly.. best […]
- Reply: the 1st Separett UDDT in Datong city - by: scottchen April 20, 2018Hi, Carol: Your comments are very valuable for me. We need a better solution , not a cheaper product. For your information, there are only 1-4 people in each family as the young people are working in the cities, My assistant, A Ling can only collect 60L urine a month , and one bucket of solid waste which can be easily composted by mixing some sawdust. She ap […]
- Sanitation Capacity Building Platform - by: depinder April 20, 2018