For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Are so-called "freezing toilets" common in Finland? Does anyone know anything about them? - by: muench December 1, 2015Dear Eeva-maija from Coolcenter Forssa Oy, Thanks for your reply here. It's great to have a private sector representative here on the forum who is engaging with us in discussion rather than just promoting their product (which also happens). So thank you for your openness to our questions! I would like to come back to the issue of pathogen kill. So the f […]
- Re: Key documents for the sub-category on Behaviour change and user psychology issues - by: muench December 1, 2015Thanks, Mughal! This looks like an excellent publication; it is brand new as well. I hadn't yet seen it before. Here is also the URL for it: www.washplus.org/resources/reports/2015/...icky-behavior-change I am pretty sure it should become one of the 5 key documents for our "sticky post". I am just wondering which of the 5 above it should repla […]
- Re: A Novel Urine Evaporation and Collection System (via a solar oven and chimney) - research from Calgary, Canada - by: bethuned November 30, 2015Hello Elisabeth, Thanks for your reply. My full PhD thesis is at theses.ucalgary.ca/handle/11023/2171 The second and third docs do not have bibliographies but only references. Odor (ammonia) gradually decreased during evaporation due to exposure to air and resultant oxidation leading to a gradual decrease in pH favouring aqueous ammonium over ammonia vapour. […]
- Re: Submit your favorite reading about capacity development (WG1 topic) and win one of many prizes! - by: dorothee.spuhler November 30, 2015And here two random examples of weblinks from the SSWM library: www.sswm.info/library/2813 www.sswm.info/library/8055
- Re: Submit your favorite reading about capacity development (WG1 topic) and win one of many prizes! - by: dorothee.spuhler November 30, 2015Thank you, Jasmin!
- Re: Are so-called "freezing toilets" common in Finland? Does anyone know anything about them? - by: muench December 1, 2015
- 10 steps to ending open defecation by 2030 November 25, 2015How can 2.3 billion people get access to a clean, safe toilet in the next 15 years?petra
- Without toilets, childhood is even riskier due to malnutrition November 20, 2015Lack of access to toilets is endangering millions of the world’s poorest children, UNICEF said today, pointing to emerging evidence of links between inadequate sanitation and malnutrition.petra
- Toilets and Health: Better Sanitation for Better Nutrition (World Toilet Day Panel) November 16, 2015The Permanent Mission of Singapore and UN-Water are pleased to invite you to the 2015 World Toilepetra
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene 'Challenges' Facing Disabled Malawians October 27, 2015People with physical disability in Malawi name water, sanitation and hygiene facilities as the most challenging things to access in their daily lives.petra
- Stanford study shows effects of toilet facilities on child health in rural Africa October 14, 2015For decades, scientists have evaluated the health impact of sanitation conditions by measuring rates of diarrheal disease. A new study shows that child growth improves after communities reduce open defecation.petra
- 10 steps to ending open defecation by 2030 November 25, 2015
Add to favourites