For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Online course on SFDs in July 2018 by the Centre for Science and Environment - by: alcamachog May 28, 2018I m interested to be a participalnt in the course take into a count that I have made the course in Planning and design of sanitation systems and technologies organized by EAWAG. In this course we had a brifly introduction of sanitation flow diagrams. I m looking forward for your news. Sincerly yours, Alvaro Camacho Garnica Diploma Engineer in Sanitary Engine […]
- Transitional Sanitation - by: JKMakowka May 28, 2018Yeah, I was also a bit stumped on the term, and wrote a few lines just to discard them again. When talking about transition most emergency specialist usually use the term "recovery" with specifyers such as "early" and "late". What you are looking for would be mostly late recovery phase, often with a "build back better" […]
- Menstrual Hygiene Webinar Series – recordings and post-webinar discussions - by: lizkora May 27, 2018I am excited about this topic and would participate to learn more. It is important to build a strong movement for MH and a platform for learning and sharing. It is by so doing that we would have a strong voice to compel governments to pay attention to the difficulty of girls during that stage in life. Many young girls drop out of school or stay away from les […]
- Transitional Sanitation - by: muench May 27, 2018Dear Alice, I'm always happy to help and suggest resources and solutions but I am a bit lost with your question. Could you give us some more information to sink our teeth into? It's actually the first time that I've heard of transitional sanitation. Is there really such a half-way point? What makes you think the solutions should be different f […]
- FSM in Extreme Hilly Area with Winter Conditions - by: muench May 27, 2018Dear Stuart, Very interesting information that you posted here. I suggest we start a new thread about your product so that it doesn't get lost & overlooked in this thread. OK? I didn't understand this part (the first sentence):Septage from local communities is delivered to the FSSTP, conceptualized, developed, and operated by Tide Technocrats. […]
- Online course on SFDs in July 2018 by the Centre for Science and Environment - by: alcamachog May 28, 2018