For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: French speakers: translation advice? - by: AHoepfner August 31, 2016Hi Alec, At CAWST we use Gestion de l'hygiène menstruelle. I believe this is the standard terminology in our sector. Hope this helps, Ana
- Re: French speakers: translation advice? - by: cecile August 31, 2016Bonjour, oui la gestion de l'hygiène menstruelle est utilisée. Dans les textes explicatifs je trouve que c'est plus clair de parler des règles pour traduire menstruations.
- Re: UDDT versus Pour Flush (with vermi-composting) versus ???: which are sustainable sanitation technologies and systems for peri-urban areas in Africa? - by: hajo August 31, 2016dear Kevin, I fully agree that pit latrines can be appropriate: wherever a full pit can be abandoned and be replaced with a new pit. But they are not appropriate where a SINGLE pit has to be emptied. This is the ultimate criteria and not whether rural or peri-urban. Wherever there is no space to replace full pits with new pits a double pit/vault system must […]
- French speakers: translation advice? - by: aks0813 August 31, 2016For my Francophone colleagues from West Africa, how would you translate "Menstrual Hygiene Management"? So far, I have been advised to use this: LA GESTION DE L’HYGIÈNE MENSTRUELLE. Is there a better term to use that may be more understandable to those outside the WASH community? Thanks, Alec
- Re: UDDT versus Pour Flush (with vermi-composting) versus ???: which are sustainable sanitation technologies and systems for peri-urban areas in Africa? - by: kevintayler August 31, 2016My original point was that pit latrines should not be dismissed out of hand - there are peri-urban situations in which they can be appropriate. Leach-pits are used in many parts of Asia, albeit with water seals. If there is room, Peter Morgan's fossa alterna option is possible - I have seen places where people use this principle themselves. It is not so […]
- Re: French speakers: translation advice? - by: AHoepfner August 31, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites