For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Request for advice on UDDT slab design - and drying in vaults that are below ground? - by: canaday October 22, 2016Dear Angus, I agree with Elisabeth that it is great to avoid or minimize the steps. Plus you are working in Ethiopia, not here in the Amazon, so the water table is likely very deep in the ground and flooding is not likely to happen. I am sorry to say that I have trouble understanding your plan for the squat slab, but I would nonetheless like to offer the fol […]
- Re: FSM innovation challenge - iniated by The Netherlands Red Cross - by: fmeulman October 21, 2016Hi JKMakowka, Thanks for your response! Indeed, the Red Cross / Open House program should be approached as a testing program. If substantial funds are required to get a prototype going, which indeed for some can be a need, than at the moment we don’t have the opportunity to fulfill this need. In the program, attention will be paid to problem-solution fit, th […]
- New MHM brief available from PMA2020: Niger - by: aks0813 October 21, 2016Dear Colleagues, PMA2020 has just released our newest data brief on MHM practices in Niger. Results from the first round of data collection in Niger indicate that only 44% of women have everything they need for proper MHM – such as clean materials, a facility, pain medication, and places to dispose of used products. Additionally, rural women in Niger are con […]
- Re: Request for advice on UDDT slab design - and drying in vaults that are below ground? - by: muench October 21, 2016Hi Angus, I really like your plan to build UDDTs without stairs. So many times I've seen UDDTs with steep and narrow stairs and wondered "is this really a good idea? How about the elderly and people with disabilities?!". My gut feeling is that having the vaults below ground wouldn't be that detrimental to drying. Wouldn't most of the […]
- Re: Request for advice on UDDT slab design - and drying in vaults that are below ground? - by: Angus October 21, 2016I'm in Gambella, Ethiopia. The temperature variation isn't too large, see here: http://www.worldweatheronline.com/gambel...er-averages//et.aspx Therefore, I think they will be ok slightly buried. Thanks for the advice - I would never have thought of that myself. Angus
- Re: Request for advice on UDDT slab design - and drying in vaults that are below ground? - by: canaday October 22, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites