For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Addressing infrastructural barriers to MHM in schools to support inclusive and quality learning for all - by: Mintje November 19, 2017Dear Daniel, yes, the two topics ('breaking the taboo' and 'adressing infrastructural barriers') are both covered in the one report, as they have interlinkages and cannot be looked at only independently. I posted the report in both themes to make sure everyone, who participated in either of the themes receives the report in the end. You c […]
- Recent research on menstrual cups needed - by: DianeKellogg November 18, 2017Several important topics are coming up here, and even more emerge as I've read the journal articles being posted here. Thank you. I'm getting quite an education. I can see how valuable it would be for people on the front lines of MHM training to have this information. I'm thinking very specifically of women I know who do MHM programs in their […]
- Recent research on menstrual cups needed - by: siri November 18, 2017Re the issue of safety, the quoted article by Mitchell et al (2015) notes that TSS, caused by Staph. aureus, was first diagnosed in children in 1978, and occurs in both children, men and women. The incidence of TSS is low - deVries et al (2011) estimate it at 0.52/100,000 in a US population in the period 2000-2006, down from 13.7/100,000 in 1980. To calculat […]
- Evapotranspiration Toilet with a difference from India - by: nityajacob November 18, 2017Dear all, On the occasion of World Toilet Day, I am sharing a variant on the leach pit toilet, The Evapotranspiration Toilet (EVT). Marta Vanduzer-Snow and Pawan Singh have developed and installed this in rural Uttar Pradesh. They have tested and used it for over three years. I thank them for sharing their model and experience. The Evapotranspiration Toilet […]
- Seattle Homeless toilets article - by: markllo November 17, 2017This was posted this week about some work I have been doing in honor of World Toilet Day: www.realchangenews.org/2017/11/15/one-ma...ple-just-drop-bucket
- Re: Addressing infrastructural barriers to MHM in schools to support inclusive and quality learning for all - by: Mintje November 19, 2017