For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
What type of content is most useful for you?
- Application of slurry from toilet linked biogas plants for agricultural - by: pkjha September 20, 2017Dear Everyone Subject: Application of slurry from toilet linked biogas plants for agriculture Toilet linked biogas plants is not very popular in India, in spite of financial supports from the Government of India and different states governments. Lack of awareness coupled with psychological taboos associated with human wastes and use of biogas from such waste […]
- SuSanA members to improve quality of WASH information on Wikipedia: 19 Sept to 19 Nov - by: DianeKellogg September 20, 2017World Toilet Day is two months from today. Between now and 19 November, a team of SuSanA members will be improving the quality of information available on Wikipedia about WASH (water, sanitation, hygiene) topics. Sanitation Wikipedia is an ongoing project* and we've selected 70 topics** to work on in this two-month period. Why does Wikipedia matter? Abo […]
- best dry solution i have seen up to now - by: NancyGilbert September 19, 2017Christoph, who manufacturers this, where is it available and how can we get more information about it? We're really interested and have lots of questions: How has it been accepted, used. How does it smell? How much of what dry material is added to the upper chamber? Urine diversion? How long does it take to fill the upper chamber? What are (and what bes […]
- Reply: Launch of new research network on built environment and insect-borne diseases - by: Ayo September 19, 2017I made effort joining on the website, but I am not sure it went through. This is an expression of interest in joining BOVA.
- Looking for PhD scholarship! - by: mem341 September 19, 2017Hello Everyone, My name is Mohammad Jaber and I joined SuSanA recently, I have a master degree in Environmental Sciences and Management, and currently I am working at the Hashemite University, Jordan. I am looking for a PhD scholarship in the fields of Hydrology, Climate change, or Environmental Economics. Please if anyone have such opportunities share with […]
- Application of slurry from toilet linked biogas plants for agricultural - by: pkjha September 20, 2017