For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: Black soldier fly breeding for FSM - trials in Uganda - by: smalinga September 4, 2015Dear Elizabeth, Here are some of the pictures and a video. The BSF do well when fed on Coffee berries.
- Re: AfricaSan4 (25-27 May 2015) : All events and feedback - by: muench September 4, 2015Dear Evelyn, That's great. Just to clarify: you didn't upload all the presentations of AfricaSan4 but only those of SuSanA partners or of events with SuSanA presence, right? That's fair enough as such uploading is a fair bit of work. Would the invitation be open that if someone presented at AfricaSan4 and would like their presentation to be in […]
- Re: AfricaSan4 (25-27 May 2015) : All events and feedback - by: secretariat September 4, 2015Dear SuSanA community, the presentations of the 4th AfricaSan conference are now available in the SuSanA library and in the conference materials section: www.susana.org/en/resources/conference-materials-2/2015. Looking forward to reading further feedback and impressions from the AfricaSan 4! Kind regards, Evelyn on behalf the SuSanA Secretariat
- Re: Fit For School Approach (F4S) - 10 primary schools in Moshi, Tanzania - by: hajo September 4, 2015... it is a month since our last report, in the meantime we had the following activities: 1. A baseline survey was performed by ChildReach to establish the conditions of 1) the water supplies to the schools, 2) sanitation facilities, 3) existing hand-washing facilities and 4) knowledge and behaviour of pupils regarding hand-washing. The final report which wi […]
- Re: AfricaSan4 (25-27 May 2015) : All events and feedback - by: secretariat September 4, 2015
- Mbulu and Mulongwe chiefdoms become ODF September 3, 2015Mbulu and Mulongwe chiefdoms in Samfya district deserve commendation for joining other chiefdoms in attaining Open Defecation Free (ODF) status; a development aimed at inducing sustainable behavioural change and practices in hygiene and sanitation.6
- Art students invent new device for cleaning menstrual pads, hygienically and discreetly August 13, 2015A group of students at Art Center College of Design in California have built a low-cost, easy-to-use tool, called Flo, to wash and dry reusable sanitary cloths.6
- The human right to water and sanitation July 15, 2015Water and sanitation are fundamental human rights, and providing access through CLTS is a way of empowering the most unconnected and disadvantaged6
- CLTS Knowledge Hub activities at WEDC Conference 27-31 July June 17, 2015The CLTS Knowledge Hub will be offering four CLTS-related activities at the upcoming international WEDC Conference which is taking place in Loughborough from the 27-31 July 2015.6
- Shit Stunts: Refocusing Priorities in Nutrition and WaSH June 15, 2015Integration of Nutrition and WaSH programmes was the key topic discussed at the multi sectorial panel seminar hosted by Irish Aid, the IFGH and the Development Studies Association of Ireland on the 19th May.6
- Mbulu and Mulongwe chiefdoms become ODF September 3, 2015
Add to favourites