For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: WATSAN-AGRICULTURE: Improving on the Nexus among Water Quality and Quantity, Sanitation, Hygiene, and Agriculture - by: antonini May 5, 2015Dear Forum Members, Here's a link to the current issue of ZEF News which looks at water and environment in a mobile world. On p.6 you'll find an article by Evita Pangaribowo which relates to our WATSAN-Agriculture project. Regards, Samantha
- Re: Portable UDDT – used in floating islands with vermicompost - by: christoph May 5, 2015Dear David, just some quick answers (which will not be very helpful). The project was a strict commercial project... no aid money, therefore no money to follow up, accompanying or something like that. We did some follow up on our own. - What is the responsibility of the household for the treatment process? Each household was responsible (we are talking about […]
- Re: Results based financing for sanitation – do the costs outweigh the benefits? WEBINAR on Wednesday 29 April 2015 - follow-up discussion - by: muench May 5, 2015[Start of Page 2 of the discussion thread] And for those who don't have access to Youtube, you can download the video recordings from the Webinar from this link at One Drive (which will be valid for a few weeks/months): 1drv.ms/1ziz3MN Enjoy! Like Arno, I also found this webinar really very high calibre and have learnt a lot about results-based financin […]
- Re: CLTS on wikipedia - by: muench May 5, 2015That's interesting, thanks for this clarification, Petra. How would you explain why CLTS is not as successful in Latin American countries, or not successful in Bolivia, to take a specific case? Is it perhaps because these countries are already "further along" than some of the Asian and African countries? I.e. there is less prevalence of open d […]
- Re: CLTS on wikipedia - by: Petra May 5, 2015Yes... most of those listings are based on Knowledge Hub information, ie things copied from our website and publications - in a strict sense CLTS is in Latin Ameria in one country.But it would be misleading to equate it with the level to which CLTS has been taken up in Asia and Africa.
- Re: WATSAN-AGRICULTURE: Improving on the Nexus among Water Quality and Quantity, Sanitation, Hygiene, and Agriculture - by: antonini May 5, 2015
- State steps up sanitation drive May 5, 2015The Zambian Government is committed to ensuring that all chiefdoms in Zambia attain open defecati6
- Women Leaders target need for sanitation and hygiene April 30, 2015Over 50 female leaders from around the world recently published a declaration calling for the end6
- Ebola response: CLTS running strong in rural Liberia April 28, 2015This week in Bong County, the National Technical Coordinating Unit (NTCU) – responsible for setting Liberia’s national WASH guidelines – verified 29 new communities as Open Defecation Free (ODF). “What was originally just a short-term basic hygiene promotion has become another successful Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) project,” said Global Communities […]6
- Chienge districts celebrates ODF success April 27, 2015Chienge's achievement as Zambia’s first Open Defecation Free (ODF) district should inspire other regions in the country for similar success, Deputy Minister of Local Government and Housing Danny Chingimbu said at the district’s celebration of attainment of ODF status.6
- Liberian ODF communities did not experience transmission of the Ebola virus April 16, 2015Mr. deVries, Chief of Party of Global COmmunities described the fight against the virus and the Community Led Total Sanitation program as an incredible and challenging experience.He said with all of these challenges faced by his entity during his tenure, tremendous progress was made in the fight against the Ebola virus, especially in safe burial and the Comm […]6
- State steps up sanitation drive May 5, 2015
Add to favourites