For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- SuSanA Behaviour Change Global Webinar Series: Part 1 (13th of March 13:00 GMT London time) - by: conniebenjamin May 21, 2018Part 2 of the webinar series will be on the 30th of May at 13:00 (London time). Register here: www.susana.org/en/behaviour-change-global-webinar-series-part-2 Find more information and updates here: forum.susana.org/146-webinars-and-online...3-00-bst-london-time
- New Toilets In Indian Trains No Better Than Septic Tanks: IIT Study - by: girishmbu May 21, 2018Dear All, I have gone through the PPT of Dr Ligy Philips available on Susana forum. The evaluation was done in by IIT Madras team in two phases: In first phase, the effluent samples from DRDO biodigester installed at 15 different sites from south India by DRDO Licensee vendors namely Banka BioLoo Pvt Ltd., MAK India Ltd., Eram Scientific Solutions and Shubra […]
- anaerobic wastewater treatment plant design (UASB) - by: muench May 21, 2018Dear Takieddine, Hello to Algeria and welcome to the forum! How did you find out about this forum? That book that Mughal recommended should be very useful. Regarding post-treatment after the UASB, many people use constructed wetlands. High rate algal ponds could be another option. You can also browse the UASB category of this for previous discussions: forum. […]
- Overflows from Combined Sewers - by: JKMakowka May 21, 2018While mixed sewers are being phased out in many developed countries for various reasons (for example declining population), the case can be made that well designed mixed sewers are not a dead-end technology. Besides them being cheaper, it is also easier to treat the diluted effluents in pond like treatment systems and where rainfall is well distributed over […]
- Online training - Introduction to WASH for Development - by: Sinead May 21, 2018Introduction to WASH for Development will provide those starting, or preparing to work, in the WASH sector with the fundamental principles and approaches to more usefully engage and support efforts to work towards achieving SDG6. Participants will be introduced to the core principles for planning, designing and implementing activities to improve sustainable […]
- SuSanA Behaviour Change Global Webinar Series: Part 1 (13th of March 13:00 GMT London time) - by: conniebenjamin May 21, 2018