For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Evapotranspiration Toilet with a difference from India - by: rajivkr November 22, 2017Dear Elisabeth, Much appreciated. Rajiv
- Ventilation of pits for toilet blocks - by: phreymon November 22, 2017Thanks both for your inputs. These are school toilet blocks, so used only during the day, in a country rather dry and sunny! The solar vent could be a good option. The holding tanks are very big, type 4m width x 6 m length x 2 m depth. Not sure if one or two chimneys, as is usually the case, are sufficient to attract all the air in the right direction, even […]
- ECOLOO in the news on World Toilet Day! - by: ecoloo November 22, 2017World Toilet Day was established by the United Nations Water (UN-Water) to address the global sanitation crisis. The toilet is a wonderful invention that greatly improves our health and well-being, which many of us probably take for granted. ECOLOO was highlighted by LabRoots: www.labroots.com/trending/technology/736...ilet-day-meet-ecoloo Also, ECOLOO contr […]
- Ventilation of pits for toilet blocks - by: goeco November 21, 2017Hi Philippe, Not sure of your exact climatic conditions, but a rotary cowl would only work when there is wind... I would imagine the latrines smell more in still, warm conditions? Is it only cold at night? Are the latrines mostly used during the day? Do the toilets mostly smell when the weather is warmer? The choice with solar extractor fans is either direct […]
- Re: Reducing desiccation time for feces in UDDT - question on research parameters - by: evemackinnon7 November 21, 2017Following this up David
- Evapotranspiration Toilet with a difference from India - by: rajivkr November 22, 2017