For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- A New Technique to Purify River Water for Use in Rural Communities - by: alainfressanges May 22, 2018Thank you for those pictures that help better understand your method. One last point would be to know how to measure 0.25 g of moringa seed powder: is it a pinch? the half or quarter of a tea spoon? Alain Fressanges
- Sustainable Waterless Sanitation and Waste Management Solutions - South Africa - by: ECOlaTRINE May 21, 2018Because the units are built from wood (sturdy, and control cold/heat) it can be built in any size to fit the requirements of the user. Anybody can build a toilet - and I've seen some elaborate designs. My dad used to say: "It you design something - make sure it is Full Proof - any fool must be able to use it". Old people just want to make, and […]
- Sustainable Waterless Sanitation and Waste Management Solutions - South Africa - by: ECOlaTRINE May 21, 2018Hi I've attached a picture of ECOlaTRINE Units - 5MB. It may not go through. www.ecolatrine.co.za
- Sustainable Waterless Sanitation and Waste Management Solutions - South Africa - by: muench May 21, 2018Dear Henriette, Could you tell us more about this?:Our business started in Johannesburg - mainly to provide accessible sanitation to athletes/people with disabilities at events. (Another long discussion)Sounds interesting. Also could you post some photos of your units? Regards, Elisabeth P.S. By the way, feel free to add a link to your website into your foru […]
- FSM Pilot Project in south Brazil - by: vitorhfdiogo May 21, 2018Hi Alexandra! Thanks a lot for your reply! Certainly did help a lot! Have you done any tests on nutrients or pathogens? Looking at the results, do you think the raw sludge was less concentrated than expected? Did you run tests on the faecal sludge before designing the DTF? I would expect a higher BOD and COD, based on the literature (and some of our results) […]
- A New Technique to Purify River Water for Use in Rural Communities - by: alainfressanges May 22, 2018