For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: Constructing Septic Tanks On-Site Using Ferrocement - by: USAIDssd February 24, 2017Thanks all for your comments/questions. We hope this video can help throw more light on the brief:
- You can help shape the future of the Toilet Board Coalition - by: knezovich February 24, 2017Are you an innovator or entrepreneur providing sanitation services? The Toilet Board Coalition is growing, and we hope you will answer a few questions to help us grow in the right direction - here! We believe achieving SDG6 is the business opportunity of the decade, and that ‘sani-preneurs’ like you are the future of sanitation. We value your time and your e […]
- Re: Constructing Septic Tanks On-Site Using Ferrocement - by: Ashok February 24, 2017Many similar structures have been made in the past. This, though, strictly speaking, is NOT ferrocement. For ferrocement the covers are specified to be about 3-5 mm on either side. With single reinforcement cage with two wire meshes, the overall thickness should not be more than 25 mm in any case. This will further reduce the cost. Moreover, it is feasible t […]
- Re: Constructing Septic Tanks On-Site Using Ferrocement - by: JKMakowka February 24, 2017Thanks for sharing this! Looks like you need a massive excavation for it though. Maybe it would be more efficient to cast a few round smaller tanks above ground and lower them after curing (and leak testing) with a tripod or so into much smaller excavations? Afterwards they can be interconnect with PVC pipes like commonly done with prefabricated FRP septic t […]
- Re: International Resource Recovery Conference in New York (August 5th-9th, 2017) - by: IRRC2017 February 24, 2017There's still time to submit an abstract for IRRC2017! Submissions will be accepted until February 28th. Submit here and visit www.irrc2017.org to learn more!
- Re: Constructing Septic Tanks On-Site Using Ferrocement - by: USAIDssd February 24, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites