For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- "Sustainable sanitation and the SDGs: interlinkages and opportunities” - Interlinkages Document available in the SuSanA Library - by: muench November 24, 2017Dear Cecilia, I noticed that the SDG Interlinkages Document by SuSanA still has a "draft" watermark (see www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...library/details/2859 ). When do you think it will be upgraded into a final version? Is there currently still a review process ongoing? Also, we have cited the document in the new Wikipedia article about […]
- Reusable Sanitary Pad Manufacturing in Nigeria - Global Giving Crowd Funding - by: muench November 24, 2017Dear Susan, I think Daniel's post about "Reusable Sanitary Pad Manufacturing in Nigeria - Global Giving Crowd Funding" is OK for this forum. Particularly given that he is not a one-off poster but has been with the forum for a while, having made around 30 posts on a range of topics by now. We all struggle to get funding, so why not let him use […]
- Introducing Tippy tap Kenya (handwashing at schools) - by: muench November 24, 2017Dear Kennedy, I've looked around your website a bit. The work you are doing is so important! I found out that:Tippy tap-Kenya is a community based non-profit organization dedicated to promote best hygiene practices and access to hand-washing stations with soap & water by installing tippy tap ,plus supply soaps and initiate programs with health coord […]
- There is now a Wikipedia article about SDG6 (Sustainable Development Goal 6) which mentions SuSanA - by: muench November 23, 2017Dear all, We now have a Wikipedia article about SDG6 (Sustainable Development Goal 6) which mentions SuSanA! See here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_Development_Goal_6 It was created mainly by Diane and myself as part of our intense Sanitation Wikipedia project drive ahead of World Toilet Day (Diane had spoken about it here: forum.susana.org/198-wikipedi […]
- SaniArt, to drive demand. - by: Anthony November 23, 2017Dear Sanitation Enthusiasts, A belated Happy World Toilet Day to one and all! With the help of the brilliant musicians and producers from Chicoco Radio, Port Harcourt, Nigeria, I hereby present a song for the occasion: "S-A-F-E (poop in a bucket) - I hope you like it. My question to the forum is: What is the role of art in driving demand for sanitation? […]
- "Sustainable sanitation and the SDGs: interlinkages and opportunities” - Interlinkages Document available in the SuSanA Library - by: muench November 24, 2017