For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Encouraging Progress on Sanitation in Korea and Malaysia - by: F H Mughal March 24, 2018Encouraging Progress on Sanitation in Korea and Malaysia A blog of the Asian Development Bank Institute ( www.asiapathways-adbi.org/2018/01/what-c...ts-economic-impacts/ ) gives tips on how Korea and Malaysia improved their sanitation. Korea "In Korea, policies were developed and implemented effectively. For example, the Sewerage Law (1966) was introduc […]
- Women in sanitation let’s meet each other this International Women’s Day! - by: jjsanchez March 24, 2018Hi Everyone, Great to read your introductions! Thanks for sharing. I'm a PhD candidate at the University of Queensland. My research is similar to Sophie's - I'm also looking at the relationship between enteropathogen infection and growth faltering in young children by developing causal pathways of these infections from household factors (prima […]
- Ecological Public Toilets for India? Is it possible? - by: ecoloo March 24, 2018Hi Kevin, Thank you for your message. Please find below answers to your questions: 1) What is that bacterial culture? Why do you need more bacteria, since there is already a lot of bacteria inside the feces. Our special bacterial culture blend formula treats the waste very fast within 3-4 days only while the bacteria inside the feces might take few months. T […]
- Dysfunctional Water and Sanitation Projects in Sindh (Pakistan) - by: F H Mughal March 24, 2018Dysfunctional Water and Sanitation Projects in Sindh (Pakistan) The Judicial Commission is currently investigating the water and sanitation projects in the Sindh province of Pakistan. These 2 links, below, show the state of affairs of the water and sanitation (W&S) projects in Sindh (there are many links, but I'm highlighting only 2): www.dawn.com/n […]
- Menstrual Hygiene in Schools - by: DianeKellogg March 24, 2018Biodegradable pads are being made in over 40 "mini-factories" in India, and 4 or so in East Africa. Women are trained to use a hand-operated machine and to source compostable materials locally. The machine was designed by Aakar Innovations in India. aakarinnovations.com/ I would also refer you to People's Dialogue in Ghana, as for about a year […]
- Encouraging Progress on Sanitation in Korea and Malaysia - by: F H Mughal March 24, 2018