For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: How can we Involve Citizens in Policy Making for Urban Sanitation? What is the importance of participatory and transparent wastewater governance? - by: F H Mughal March 26, 2017Is involving citizens like involving NGOs, or, both are different? F H Mughal
- Re: WASHwatch - A platform facilitating transparency in monitoring, availability of information and communication - by: muench March 25, 2017Dear Amy, (I am putting this here, rather than in an e-mail to you because I want to help raise awareness about this very useful website that you have developed and to encourage more people to go and take a look and check it out). I have recently taken a closer look at your WASHWatch website when I was verifying data inserted into the Wikipedia article on […]
- Re: ~500,000 households in the U.S.A. lack adequate water and sanitation - by: muench March 25, 2017I happened to come across this thread just after recently looking at the latest figures for access to water and sanitation in the U.S on Wikipedia. It was actually a coincidence as I was looking at some great edits which one of our edit-a-thon participants made on Wikipedia. This person added information and links to WASHwatch to country water profile articl […]
- Re: Commercially Viable Business Development Centers - by: ossai March 25, 2017Dear All, this is an interesting dimension as it relates to expanding WASH products and services. Relying on my experience in our ongoing implementation of the rural business plan model for Microfinance Institutions in Nigeria, I think it is possible to build in or integrate this opportunity for the Microfinance Institutions. The rural business plan model is […]
- Re: “Contribution of Sustainable Sanitation to the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development” – SuSanA’s revised Vision Document now open for discussion! - by: muench March 25, 2017The call for feedback has been posted here on the forum for a while and the feedback period is closing soon: 31 March. With this post, I would like to encourage all SuSanA members to take a look at the document that w're supposed to comment on, as it's an important new document for SuSanA, of similar importance to the "vision document" fr […]
- Re: How can we Involve Citizens in Policy Making for Urban Sanitation? What is the importance of participatory and transparent wastewater governance? - by: F H Mughal March 26, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites