For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Re: UDDT versus Pour Flush (with vermi-composting) versus ???: which are sustainable sanitation technologies and systems for peri-urban areas in Africa? - by: kevintayler August 27, 2016It all depends on whether you think that we should start from where people are or from where we would like them to be. Whatever we 'experts' think, many people in peri-urban areas do use some form of pit latrine, in most cases financing and paying for the latrine themselves. There are many issues with this - I would favour efforts to promote low-vo […]
- Re: Livestream: 22nd SuSanA meeting, 27 August 2016 - and SuSanA events at World Water Week in Stockholm - by: muench August 27, 2016If you have a bit of time this Saturday, click on the Youtube link to see the SuSanA meeting streaming live from Stockholm right now!: www.susana.org/en/events/susana-meetings...na-meeting-stockholm or direct link: Great to see that this is working so well. To interact, use twitter with the hashtag #22susana
- Re: India's Swacch Bharat Mission (SBM) needs a bagful of ideas for success ! - by: mathewmattam August 27, 2016Potential topics for case studies. 1. Recently government of India facilitated 25 districts magistrates from 20 states for scaling up sanitation access in their respective districts . I am sure that these 25 districts can contribute different approaches and strategy for remaining districts in the country. Process documentation of these 25 district WASH Champ […]
- Re: Sludge Dipping Tools Recently Developed - by: dandreatta August 26, 2016This is a follow up post to my own original post, because I'm not sure the original post was ever made available to the Forum. The original post described 4 variations of a device I've developed for emptying pit latrines and septic tanks. They are bucket-based, and should be able to handle trash in the pit in most cases. A video and .pdf document a […]
- Re: Membrane processing of urine into drinking water - by: KaiMikkel August 26, 2016I reached out to one of the researchers involved. Here's hoping he acquiesces to my request to join the forum and provide us all more information.
- Re: UDDT versus Pour Flush (with vermi-composting) versus ???: which are sustainable sanitation technologies and systems for peri-urban areas in Africa? - by: kevintayler August 27, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites