For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- 25th SuSanA meeting will take place in Brasilia on 17th of March, 2018 - by: secretariat March 17, 2018Live stream starts at 9:30am (UCT-3, Brasilia)! www.youtube.com/user/susanavideos/live Best regards, Ainul on behalf of the SuSanA secretariat
- Improving the Wikipedia article on constructed wetlands - by: marcos March 16, 2018Hi Elizabeth, Great job on improving the wetlands article. The improvement on the section on pathogens removal was very welcome. I corrected a small typo and added a final paragraph on this section, mentioning about the correspondence between log10 units removal and percentages. I noticed that the link on log10 sent us to the maths of logarithms, and did not […]
- Bio Toilet for Tribal Areas in Odisha, India - by: goeco March 16, 2018I'm feeling the need to raise some issues given Jeevan Rekha Parishad's silence. This looks to me like a very poor design. The toilet block construction is beautiful, pink and functional, ten stars. This is a system using water for conveyance, I assume low flush toilets, which is fine. The video is professionally produced and visually appealing. Gr […]
- Ecological Public Toilets for India? Is it possible? - by: Kevinkuhn March 16, 2018Hi Dean, thanks for your response. I thought the last days about a similar system, using the effluent to irrigate trees or kitchen plants. If there is enough space I could also think about having an evaporation bed made out of stainless steel in between with an overflow at the end. Through this, some of the volume could be reduced. If the volume of liquids i […]
- Ecological Public Toilets for India? Is it possible? - by: goeco March 16, 2018Hi Kevin, I'm surprised that nobody has responded to your post, this sounds very interesting. I don't know much about waterless toilets, but perhaps you could consider using handwash water for low flush toilets, vermifiltration to remove solids and then re-using nutrients on-site by irrigating trees with the primary-treated effluent. This system ha […]
- 25th SuSanA meeting will take place in Brasilia on 17th of March, 2018 - by: secretariat March 17, 2018