For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
What sanitation topics you are interested in?
- Re: How can companies incentivise sanitation - by: sunetralala December 11, 2016Dear members, Market-based solutions add an encouraging aspect to the sanitation sector. Yet, they face challenges in reaching sustainability and in scaling up, particularly with regards to the intricacies of the sanitation value chain. Svadha, an India social enterprise has been executing a pioneering model since 2013. They comprehended that people were mor […]
- Re: How can companies incentivise sanitation - by: sandhyat December 10, 2016Thank you Sanjay and Srikanth- it's good to understand what are the services different organizations are providing across the WASH value chain. Thank you Ms. Kidwai- you've shared a very comprehensive view of how corporates can incentivise sanitation, delving into pros and cons of the different approaches. I think right in the initial stages of the […]
- Re: How can companies incentivise sanitation - by: nlkidwai December 10, 2016Dear members, Companies can incentive sanitation in several ways going beyond corporate social responsibility. I am saying incentivise as sanitation needs positive drivers as much as negative drivers. The latter are used commonly during ‘triggering’ exercises to prompt quick action such as construction of new latrines or renovation and use of older/defunct o […]
- Re: How can companies incentivise sanitation - by: msrikanth December 10, 2016Hi all, Many thanks for your valuable and insightful contribution to the much needed topic for thought and action. Myself, Srikanth Meesa working for a green technology firm Vision Earthcare incubated by IIT Bombay. We have a green technology called CAMuS SBT ( Continuous Advanced Multi Stage Soil Bio Technology) to treat the wastewater and produce a high qu […]
- Re: How can companies incentivise sanitation - by: sunetralala December 11, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites