For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Social Accountability in Water and Sanitation - by: muench April 20, 2018Hi Cecile, I've moved this to the category on "advocacy", as it seems to me that it's an advocacy tool in sanitation - would you agree? The term "social accountability" was also new to me, so thank you to you and Mughal for highlighting this term. (as usual, I also took a look at the Wikipedia article about it: en.wikipedia.org/ […]
- The Sanitation Technology Platform (STeP) is Hiring! - by: astowell April 20, 2018The Sanitation Technology Platform ( www.stepsforsanitation.org ) is a Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funded initiative the accelerates innovations in sanitation and supports the development and commercialization of transformative technologies. RTI International, STeP's implementing partner, is hiring! If you are passionate about the role of technolo […]
- USAID/WASHPaLs Webinar – Contribution of Community-Led Total Sanitation to Ending Open Defecation: Findings of a Desk Review - by: campbelldb April 20, 2018Hi Elisabeth The desk review is now final and the link to the report is at: https://www.globalwaters.org/resources/assets/washpals/toward-hygienic-environment-infants-and-young-children-review-literature Have a great weekend, Dan
- Review of CLTS - by: F H Mughal April 20, 2018Dear Elisabeth, I'm glad to note that my submission was helpful. In addition to what you wrote in the second para, I suggest that you request the forum readers to give comment on your CLTS Wikipedia article. Regards, F H Mughal
- great new behaviour change website! - by: petrschmied April 20, 2018I would like to introduce you to www.behaviourchange.net , a new directory of the most useful behaviour change resources for relief and development practitioners. The website will help you whenever you or your colleagues need to: 1) know what behaviour change is about 2) understand the ‘barriers’ that prevent people from adopting positive behaviours 3) find […]
- Social Accountability in Water and Sanitation - by: muench April 20, 2018