For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- The world can't wait for sewers - WSUP / EY Report on Clean Team Ghana - by: gsmikhael March 29, 2017Hello all, EY's Enterprise Growth Services (EGS) unit and Water and Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP) have been working hard over the past few months analyzing where the container-based sanitation business Clean Team currently stands, and the general direction the sector needs to head in. Please find here a link to the report summarizing those findin […]
- Re: Working Group 6 members: Take part in our Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon 19-21 March ! Example: new article on decentralized wastewater systems - by: muench March 28, 2017Dear all, Please have a look at the Wikipedia article on Decentralized Wastewater System as it stands now and give us your feedback: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Decentralized_wastewater_system And by the way, tomorrow Wednesday 29 March we will be back in the Adobe Connect virtual workroom with anyone who wants to do some Wikipedia editing together with othe […]
- Re: Exploring how to address on-going taboos and silence around MHM for girls in school - by: Tere March 28, 2017Greetings to everyone from Bolivia. In my country’s case, introducing MHM is a slow process. I would like to share here, some of our findings and experiences. The silence around menstruation exists not only within the communities, but also among the institutions, authorities and sectorial technicians that should be promoting information and knowledge. In thi […]
- Re: “Contribution of Sustainable Sanitation to the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development” – SuSanA’s revised Vision Document now open for discussion! - by: arno March 28, 2017Just to add a broader perspective to this exercise: The real question people may be asking is “Will SuSanA produce an action plan?” as part of this document? Could be the paper should be formally tabled with SWA and through the SuSanA Forum we crowd-source advice leading to an SDG 6 action plan for the sector. And there are others that are potential collabor […]
- ~500,000 households in the U.S.A. lack adequate water and sanitation - by: AmyKeegan March 28, 2017With regard to the US & Germany question: It is extremely interesting looking at the stats and working out where those figures are coming from. Whilst homeless populations would account for this figure, looking a bit more into the figures from Germany all of the ‘unimpoved’ levels are from of ‘shared sanitation’ which refers to sanitation facilities of a […]
- The world can't wait for sewers - WSUP / EY Report on Clean Team Ghana - by: gsmikhael March 29, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites