For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Toilet marketing campaigns in developing countries erode people’s dignity – this is not acceptable - by: DaniBarrington June 22, 2018I am not sure it was Kris saying that (there is such a thing as harmless open defecation), but perhaps you are referring to one of my earlier responses? I don't think that it is about "absolutes" - it is about considering risks. There will always be risks associated with open defecation, my point was that in some cases, the risk associated wit […]
- Toilet marketing campaigns in developing countries erode people’s dignity – this is not acceptable - by: RaHaSolutions June 22, 2018Dear Kris, Are you arguing that there is harmless open defecation? Regards, John
- Grant funding from the Canadian Government’s Grand Challenge to Peepoople Kenya - by: indiebio June 22, 2018Hi Thanks for this post. Do you know what the progress of the PeePoo or similar is currently (2018?) Many thanks
- Re: Strategic Plans for Public Toilet Management in Australia - by: muench June 22, 2018Australia, the country with the BEST public toilets! I thought I'd share some photos with you of a public toilet at a playground just down the road from where I live. Some things to point out: - The toilet signs were new to me. I had to look up in the internet what RH and ambulant stands for. Would you have known? RH is for right hand and tells wheelcha […]
- Invitation to contribute to SuSanA by joining the team of co-leads for Working Group 5 - by: muench June 21, 2018Dear Daniel, Could you please provide an update on the process you are following here? You had a high number of people responding to your invitation to contribute to Working Group 5. What are your next steps now to harness that available energy? Perhaps you've already been in e-mail exchange with these people? I am curious. If your process works then we […]
- Toilet marketing campaigns in developing countries erode people’s dignity – this is not acceptable - by: DaniBarrington June 22, 2018