For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: Working Group 6 members: Take part in our Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon 19-21 March ! Example: new article on decentralized wastewater systems - by: JKMakowka March 29, 2017It is mainly used for overflows in mixed / combined systems and works very similar to a vertical flow constructed wetland.
- Re: [In French] C'est parti ! Prioritized list of French articles to edit ! Edit-a-thon (19th-21th of March) - by: JulyG March 29, 2017This article is French and English Hi Everyone, // Bonjour tout le monde, The Wikipedia Edit-a-thon is still running until Friday 31rst of March. Cranfield team has worked all the day with SuSanA team to keep editing Wikipédia. As a result of the day, a new page in French has been translated about World Toilet Day, and a page about UDDT is still being transl […]
- Re: Starting Soon: TDS 12 "Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) in Schools - A neglected issue" - by: F H Mughal March 29, 2017Dear Mintje, I have done, as desired by you. It is, a bit, protracted in length - sorry for that. I trust, you will find it interesting. Regards, F H Mughal
- Re: Exploring how to address on-going taboos and silence around MHM for girls in school - by: F H Mughal March 29, 2017Mintje, in a separate thread, desired that I should review the SHARE publication on Menstrual Hygiene Management, which I found interesting and information. Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM), a January 2017 policy brief by SHARE (Sanitation and Hygiene Applied Research for Equity), gives definition of MHM as: Women and adolescent girls using a clean menstru […]
- Re: Exploring how to address on-going taboos and silence around MHM for girls in school - by: Camilla March 29, 2017Dear all, My name is Camilla Wirseen and I am the founder of The Cup Foundation and co-founder of a sanitation solution called Peepoo. I have been working on the ground in informal settlements in different parts of the world since 2008 and have come to understand several challenges underprivileged face; how they deal with them and the feelings they have towa […]
- Re: Working Group 6 members: Take part in our Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon 19-21 March ! Example: new article on decentralized wastewater systems - by: JKMakowka March 29, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites