For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Disability friendly water and sanitation facilities in primary schools (Malawi) - by: rochelleholm June 24, 2018Thank you for the questions about this research. It was not a funded research project, rather it was a Mzuzu University Bachelor of Science student research project. The research on school children with disabilities has been profiled in the following online news article, which covers many of your follow-up questions on our research findings: Malawian school […]
- Toilet marketing campaigns in developing countries erode people’s dignity – this is not acceptable - by: RaHaSolutions June 24, 2018We forgot to add that this discussion is so closely related to our project that we included your quotes in our website, see raha.solutions/about-raha/ , thanks a lot
- Pit latrine liners - documented examples - by: rochelleholm June 24, 2018Hi Ester, In Malawi for unstable soils (to prevent pit latrine collapse in rural areas) we have developed the corbelled pit latrine design, which is a local innovation for a liner in a way. It is designed for household use. Here are a couple of reports on our work. Please contact me directly if there is anything else I have help with for technical specificat […]
- Solutions for planning sustainable sanitation for a dense settlement on hilly area - by: euisochoi June 24, 2018I do not understand the exact situation of the hilly regions, but it reminds me of my application of rorck filte system which was applied to hilly areas without any supports from electrical and mechanical equipments. The basic idea include a combination of septic tank + rockfilter + wetland system. Unlike trickling filter, no primay and final settling tanks […]
- Pathogen disinfection and bio slurry use with Plastic type anaerobic digesters in Cameroon - by: Kyonga72 June 23, 2018The ultimate purpose of this project is to develop an Integrated Organic Farm that mimics nature, reduces and converts organic wastes into value added products, which go along way in reducing running cost of basic commodities and possibly generate some income for a subsistent community. The following are the specific targets: 2 To set up an animal husbandry […]
- Disability friendly water and sanitation facilities in primary schools (Malawi) - by: rochelleholm June 24, 2018