For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Urine-ponics for urban agriculture - by: farroyo April 25, 2018The urine-ponics is an adequate technic in urban conditions, especially in cities with deciduous trees. For produce, you can use containers with drainage at 10 cm from their bottom. The containers have been filled with 90 % leaves and 10% of soil in the top, so, it better starts in autumn. Urino-ponics use an initial dose of fermented urine, 1.5 liters to ac […]
- Collaboration with the Hindi Water Portal to bring you sanitation stories from the field in India - by: F H Mughal April 25, 2018Dear Mr. Nitya Jacob, I do get posts from India Water Portal. My question is: is India Water Portal different from Hindi Water Portal? Regards, F H Mughal
- Use of Radiation for Removal of Organic Pollutants from Water and Wastewater - by: F H Mughal April 25, 2018Use of Radiation for Removal of Organic Pollutants from Water and Wastewater A recent paper byTrojanowicz, M. et al (2017) proposes radiation for removal of organic pollutants from water and wastewater. The paper makes a compelling case. It says: Water is increasingly contaminated with organic pollutants. Some of these are contaminants of emerging concern (C […]
- General Data Protection Regulation - by: F H Mughal April 25, 2018Dear Ms. Franziska, Thank you for your enlightened and useful response. Nowadays, almost every newsletter I receive, says that under GDPR, I have to reconfirm my preferences, failing which I might not receive future correspondence. I thought, to comply with GDPR, Susana secretariat may have to ask each user to reconfirm the preferences. Kind regards, F H Mug […]
- Urine-ponics for urban agriculture - by: farroyo April 25, 2018