For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
- Condominial Sewerage in Brazil - by: F H Mughal April 23, 2018Yes, you are right. The project is confined to Orangi town. I think, the sponsors were not interested in bring it to scale. In addition, in Karachi, the Karachi and Sewerage Board have their sewerage system. About 2 years back, the project's director, Ms. Parveen, was brutally murdered. That ended the interest in its scale-up F H Mughal
- Thematic Discussion Series: Innovations in WASH, SuSanA India Chapter - by: jvbaring April 23, 2018There a so called degree of innovation in WASH and the inventor's resolve to test his prototype. When I am challenge to do innovation in WASH, then I do it either there is fund or none. There are many innovation that dont even need funding which are just dedicated to a specific need. As an inventor, when i developed this simple innovation, I feel there […]
- Do we know that climate change will affect developing countries more than developed countries? Good references for this? - by: arno April 23, 2018The mismatch between the countries that cause climate change and those that have the most difficulty to adapt to global change is striking. This is illustrated here where the red tones are the "free riders" and the green tones are the "forced riders" also with high vulnerability. Figure caption: (a) Climate change equity for 2010. (b) Cli […]
- 5th International Faecal Sludge Management Conference - 17-22 February 2019 in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire - Call for abstracts now open - by: FranziskaVolk April 23, 2018Dear members, I am pleased to let you know that the call for abstracts for the 5th International Faecal Sludge Management Conference (FSM5) is now open! The conference will take place from 17-22 February in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire. The focus of FSM5 will be to demonstrate FSM as a utility service that can be: • Structured and regulated by government • Deliver […]
- Condominial Sewerage in Brazil - by: gracebeeler April 23, 2018Well, Karachi is famous for inventing simplified sewerage at the same time as condominial was being developed in Brazil, so I think you won't need to go far from home to see it in action. Check out the orangi pilot project. www.opp.org.pk But as far as I know, it has not been installed on an industrial scale, like it has in Brazil. Maybe you can help us […]
- Condominial Sewerage in Brazil - by: F H Mughal April 23, 2018