For Global Handwashing Day 2012, this Weekly issue contains a literature review of 2012 handwashing studies that was compiled by the Global Public-Private Partnership on Handwashing. The review summarizes studies on the health impacts of handwashing, handwashing behavior, hand contamination and provides recommendations for implementers of handwashing programs.
What are your sanitation information sources?
- Re: Funding support available for early career professionals to attend WEDC Conference 2017 - by: dannyogwo January 22, 2017Dear Petra, Please can I still submit a paper and still apply for fund support? Want to submit on "Media integration in physically challenged and vulnerable groups MHM inclusion and instigation: prospects, and challenges" in sub-Saharan Africa. Thanks Daniel
- Re: Vacuum truck, vacuum tanker - what is it? Simple definition for lay people reading on Wikipedia? - by: JKMakowka January 22, 2017christoph wrote: “There are two different ways to mount the pump: either directly on the truck with the vacuum drive powered by the truck motor, or on the trailer with an independent motor. The more complicated trailer mounted version allows the utilisation of both the negative pressure suction side of the pump as well as the positive pressure side to pump s […]
- Re: Vacuum truck, vacuum tanker - what is it? Simple definition for lay people reading on Wikipedia? - by: christoph January 22, 2017Dear Elisabeth, I don´t have the references on hand, therefore I did not change anything in Wikipedia. I try to put some aspects here from the page so that you can use or discard them without changing Wikipedia General A vacuum truck or vacuum tanker is a type of tank truck that has a vaccum pump and a vaccum tank, designed to pneumatically succion liquids, […]
- Re: Online Course Faecal Sludge Management: next run January - May 2017! - by: shaji January 22, 2017Dear Mr Saxena, CSE is offering the course in india.The course fee is approx Rs 10000. Partial scholarships is also offered.
- Re: Time taken for faecal sludge tankers to discharge? - by: christoph January 22, 2017Dear all, just some quick comments. Background: We (Rotária do Brasil) operate 3 tankers and we are part of an association for sludge emptying with 26 tankers in southern Brazil. We operate at one treatment plant. • The regular discharge time for a tanker of 8 – 9 m³ is about 15 min.. quite similar to the practical numbers mentioned here. • What is “pressure […]
- Re: Funding support available for early career professionals to attend WEDC Conference 2017 - by: dannyogwo January 22, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites