How many times do you visit Sanitation Updates per month?
- Re: 4th International Faecal Sludge Management Conference - 19-22 February 2017 in Chennai, India - Meet us at the SuSanA Booth! - by: muench February 19, 2017That's a very cool flyer, thank you. For those of us who weren't able to travel to Chennai: is there any live streaming from the sessions this week? The live streaming from the SuSanA meeting in Chennai on Saturday worked superbly! I had it on my mobile phone and took it with me everywhere, to the kids' soccer matches, in the car, shopping... […]
- Re: Emptying of sludge - How can we know the consistency of the fecal sludge during the emptying if it can be pumped or not? - by: kevintayler February 19, 2017I agree that it would be useful if the question could be clarified. However, here are some initial thoughts, based on my own experience. First, I would say that, in addition to septic tanks, many leach pits are pumpeable. Experience in Indonesia shows that there is sometimes a need to mix some water with the pit contents before pumping it and it is possible […]
- Speakers wanted for international event on World Water Day - 22 March 2017 - by: Sasisoy February 19, 2017Adventure Kids Learning (ONG) is organising an event for the World Water Day. The event name is Ripples Make Waves and it is sanctioned by UN. Ripples Make Waves is a LIVE, 24-hour, interactive video event bringing students of the world together to share water stories, discuss change and advocate FOR EACH OTHER, the need and the right for every child to have […]
- Re: Working Group 6 (WG 6) members: Take part in our Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon 19/20 March ! - by: canaday February 19, 2017Hi Everyone, Wikipedia is a bit of a mystery in its inner workings. Maybe someone can help me figure out the following problem. I posted a drawing that I myself had made on the Spanish ArborLoo page, but it was deleted due to some concern that it had been plagiarized. I politely requested for it to undeleted and I got an alert linking to the following page, […]
- SIMPLY STATED: The world thinks diarrhoea can be solved by taking antibiotics. How did we get this so wrong? - by: arno February 19, 2017SIMPLY STATED: The world thinks diarrhoea caused by inadequate sanitation can be solved by taking antibiotics. How did we get this so wrong? While FSM4 www.fsm4.susana.org/ is ongoing in Chennai and the focus is on India, here are some sobering findings regarding the increase in antimicrobial resistance caused by overzealous use of antibiotics to combat diar […]
- Re: 4th International Faecal Sludge Management Conference - 19-22 February 2017 in Chennai, India - Meet us at the SuSanA Booth! - by: muench February 19, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites